Reset iOS for better speed?

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Is there any value is resetting iOS to defaults and setting up as a brand new device for improved speed? I have an mini 4 that is a few years old now and wonder if it might be worth this.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Is there any value is resetting iOS to defaults and setting up as a brand new device for improved speed? I have an mini 4 that is a few years old now and wonder if it might be worth this.

You won’t notice that much difference.
If you really want to speed it up, update to the latest iOS version.
Also, if you do a reset all settings and content and set it up from scratch without restoring from a backup, you may notice a little speed boost up.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you’re going to restore the device and then set it up as new, you will notice a bit of a boost in speed. Having said that, if you’re going to install the same apps and manipulate the settings to how they currently are then thing will go back to how they are now.

1. Rid the device of any apps you don’t use regularly.
2. Disable push notifications for apps that aren’t important to you.
3. If you have a gazillion photos, videos and music that syncs to the cloud, that could be a source of sluggishness.
4. Close out all of your apps just in case you have a rogue app that hogging up the device’s resources.

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
If you’re going to restore the device and then set it up as new, you will notice a bit of a boost in speed. Having said that, if you’re going to install the same apps and manipulate the settings to how they currently are then thing will go back to how they are now.

1. Rid the device of any apps you don’t use regularly.
2. Disable push notifications for apps that aren’t important to you.
3. If you have a gazillion photos, videos and music that syncs to the cloud, that could be a source of sluggishness.
4. Close out all of your apps just in case you have a rogue app that hogging up the device’s resources.

I would remove some apps, but not that many. What do unused apps do other than take up space?
Oh, the device is up to date and I typically do remove all notifications except just a few.
iCloud sync is not used except for a few apps for password sync and a few games. No phones or videos or music.

Thanks again..

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just reset my 9.7" IPP, mainly to get of IOS beta and back on official. I'll probably download a lot of the apps I had but so far I'm noticing it a bit faster.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox