Reserving iPhone4 At Apple Store Confirmation - QUESTION

jps1012

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to 2 people at the local apple store. They said that they will prob start with one line and then possible split to 2 lines. He said he expects it to be crazy and long lines. Said there were people there at midnight just to pre order yesterday morning. He also said that your phone will be reserved for that day only but I am nervous about "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis." WTF does that mean. As you guys I am frustrated with the email confirmation. I wish they took a deposit and gave a confirmation #.

Hoolian

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone the same way. I got an email confirmation, and in the Apple Store app it says that I have a reservation, but if I try to view my reservation through Apple's website it says that I don't have one. Am I doing something wrong?

Sprucemoose

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone the same way. I got an email confirmation, and in the Apple Store app it says that I have a reservation, but if I try to view my reservation through Apple's website it says that I don't have one. Am I doing something wrong?
Same here too. To add insult to injury, I just called the local Apple store where I reserved it for pickup- and they have no record of me. This despite the fact that I was (eventually) able to get all the way through the process yesterday (after hours.)

Anyone else experience this? If you reserved for store pickup, you might want to follow up with a call to the store like I did. I'd hate to stand in line for hours, only to not have a phone waiting for me.

tshuber

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

How do you check your reservation?

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Same here too. To add insult to injury, I just called the local Apple store where I reserved it for pickup- and they have no record of me. This despite the fact that I was (eventually) able to get all the way through the process yesterday (after hours.)

Anyone else experience this? If you reserved for store pickup, you might want to follow up with a call to the store like I did. I'd hate to stand in line for hours, only to not have a phone waiting for me.

Same here. Doesn't say I have anything on the Apple website, but the App Store app says I have a reservation. I'm on hold right now with the store to check and see what they say. I'll update then...

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

Just got off the phone with them and they said they do have my reservation on their list to be picked up. However, she did tell me that it was important if you received a confirmation email (obviously b/c it then went through the system). Did you receive an email afterwards?

How do you check your reservation?

I checked earlier this morning. However, I just searched around the site for awhile and cannot, for the life of me, find the "Check Reservations" link?! Wondering if they took it down temporarily??

tshuber

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just got off the phone with them and they said they do have my reservation on their list to be picked up. However, she did tell me that it was important if you received a confirmation email (obviously b/c it then went through the system). Did you receive an email afterwards?

Thanks for the update! I know I personally received an e-mail, in fact you can see it in the very first post in this thread - so hopefully I am in the same boat. I checked my reservation on the Apple Store App and it is there, and I received the e-mail. Maybe I will call my Apple Store here in SLC just to be sure here in a bit...

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the update! I know I personally received an e-mail, in fact you can see it in the very first post in this thread - so hopefully I am in the same boat. I checked my reservation on the Apple Store App and it is there, and I received the e-mail. Maybe I will call my Apple Store here in SLC just to be sure here in a bit...
I'd bet that you'll be alright for getting one then. However, I would still call to be sure (at least sometime before going over there on launch day).

The girl did also mention to me that if you did reserve and you're on the list, it will remain in-store all day on the 24th - so any of you guys panicking about the "clause" at the end of that email, I wouldn't be too concerned. Just my opinion though. Who knows what could happen. Lol

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
SOOO, Last night i called apple after ordering for in store pick up, and not hearing anything and I was told that I should be fine, but to go to the apple store and confirm with their reservations list.

WELL today i went to the apple store, and I HAVE NOTHING!!! wooo.... so after 3 hours of trying to get a pre-order and then assuming I was all set... i dont have anything...

Looks like im going to be waiting for the iphone on the 24th with everyone else.... man this sucks.

dgamer1

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I reserved my iPhone and my girlfriend's iPhone from the Apple Store app and got both email confirmations. (Did this on 6/15 at around 3AM MST)

I just called the Apple Store where I reserved the phones at and was able confirm that our names are on the reservation list!

iPhone 4, here we come...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
So I finally went ahead and called the Apple store where I reserved my iPhone 4. Gave the nice man my name and he said - we have you down for a 32GB iPhone 4 in black. After I finished thanking him, I asked if that meant there was no need to race in at the crack of dawn, and he assured me they'd hold it for me all day. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW