pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'm in the red now? Or is there a middle ground, no rep color?

EDIT: Nevermind I can see I'm green, YEA!!!!!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Reputation, is erm... your reputation... If you have a green box that means your posts are reputable, if you have a red box it means your not. The more green boxes you have, the better. The only person I know that has more than one green boxes is Bad Ash. (4)

You can't really find out "how much" reputation you have; however, you can see where you rank compared to other users in the forum here.

Tramain, your in the top 10. :)

You can add to someones reputation by clicking on the scale in the top right hand corner of the post next for the Permalink link.

'O and by the way, don't forget to tip the scales :D

Thanks gave you some rep.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Fourth baby! Although I went for two months without receiving any.

I think I should get a point automatically for anyone who reads a review. :)

Chris

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What's up with not having "enough reputation to comment on old posts"? How much is enough?

Old posts are watched VERY closely by moderators for reasons I will not divulge. Anyway, to develop a good reputation here at iMore, simply participate in the forums in a positive and productive manner.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!
How do i know when i have enough rep?

Reputation, in the sense you’re speaking about with the red and green boxes, doesn’t exist anymore on the forum and hasn’t for quite some time. If you notice, most of the earlier posts in this thread are from eight years ago.

Don’t worry. Just enjoy the forum!

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Old posts are watched VERY closely by moderators for reasons I will not divulge. Anyway, to develop a good reputation here at iMore, simply participate in the forums in a positive and productive manner.

I understand. If you bad mouth people you probably get warned than kicked out.

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
Reputation, in the sense you’re speaking about with the red and green boxes, doesn’t exist anymore on the forum and hasn’t for quite some time. If you notice, most of the earlier posts in this thread are from eight years ago.

Don’t worry. Just enjoy the forum!

But there are still pop up messages that tell me i can't post on certain things...I just don't really understand.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But there are still pop up messages that tell me i can't post on certain things...I just don't really understand.
What does it say you can't post on? Which thread? Are you trying to post links, images, and etc? Or just text? You may need a certain number of posts to do some things. 10 or 30. You have 9 posts now.

HughT

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Weird. I’m trying to add a comment to an article and I’m getting told I don’t have enough reputation to include a URL — even though there’s no URL in the comment. Huh?

HughT

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Ah. It's a bug. I was creating 'proper' apostrophes on the keyboard, and the site was somehow parsing them as an attempt by me to post URLs. In case anyone thinks this might need looking into…

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I’m trying to add a comment to an article and I’m getting told I don’t have enough reputation to include a URL — even though there’s no URL in the comment. Huh?

Ah. It's a bug. I was creating 'proper' apostrophes on the keyboard, and the site was somehow parsing them as an attempt by me to post URLs. In case anyone thinks this might need looking into…

Thanks for reporting and glad you got it figured out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh