Replacing your out-of-warranty iPhone battery is now more expensive

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Luckily I noticed the impending change and renewed my battery in time, it had sat at 80% for so long the display could not possibly be right.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
We are in inflationary times, full stop. The days of 2%-ish annual inflation are over for the time being, possibly for a long time. Fewer things will be getting cheaper or stay the same price, higher than normal amount of things will be seeing price increases (or portions/quantity is reduced inside the bag, can, container, package etc). That is high inflation in action.
I don’t want to get political but from a purely educational POV, high inflation is a direct result of extreme money printing (euphemism for buying our own bonds). You have the same or similar amount of goods and services (actually less for a time) but print an extra 23% more money, there s now a lot more money to buy those same goods and services. Prices/inflation must rise and keep rising until amount of goods and services reach equilibrium with amount of available cash, full stop.

For everyone, including myself, who received a free gov check or checks, there was nothing free about it. These free checks were a loan with an interest that will never be paid. The interest is called inflation. Just it is what it is…

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
We are in inflationary times, full stop. The days of 2%-ish annual inflation are over for the time being, possibly for a long time. Fewer things will be getting cheaper or stay the same price, higher than normal amount of things will be seeing price increases (or portions/quantity is reduced inside the bag, can, container, package etc). That is high inflation in action.
I don’t want to get political but from a purely educational POV, high inflation is a direct result of extreme money printing (euphemism for buying our own bonds). You have the same or similar amount of goods and services (actually less for a time) but print an extra 23% more money, there s now a lot more money to buy those same goods and services. Prices/inflation must rise and keep rising until amount of goods and services reach equilibrium with amount of available cash, full stop.

For everyone, including myself, who received a free gov check or checks, there was nothing free about it. These free checks were a loan with an interest that will never be paid. The interest is called inflation. Just it is what it is…

This is an oversimplified theory in my opinion.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This is an oversimplified theory in my opinion.

economic activity encompassing the production transportation and consumption of goods and services, and the money supply that is used at all levels of this economic activity is most certainly not simple. There are lots of complicated elements that can affect it.
But make no mistake, there is X amount of money for x amounts of goods and services. Equilibrium! Inflation will be closely tied to growth rate. OTOH if nearly instantly we make X amount of money into X + 23%, there is a lot more money chasing the same goods/services, abnormal inflation.
That isn’t every facet of the equation but it is a big part of it. Just as we could print everyone a million dollars. Inflation would skyrocket into the stratosphere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal