Remove shared reminders?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My mom just got her first iPad so I added her to my family sharing plan so she could have Apple Music.

However I use Siri to set reminders all the time and every time I set a reminder in automatically goes into the shared reminders folder.

Is there a way to turn this off?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
In settings / reminders, is "family" set as the default location for new reminders? I don't use Siri for reminders, but, if it is, what happens if you switch it to your private reminders list?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
In settings / reminders, is "family" set as the default location for new reminders? I don't use Siri for reminders, but, if it is, what happens if you switch it to your private reminders list?

Thank you for your help but upon googling I think that reminders doesn't have a default location so therefore the default location is the family sharing tab/forums. So I guess I can't use Siri for reminders without it automatically going into that folder/location.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone has a "default list" in settings / reminders. It was set to family when I just checked it. Try changing that and see if Siri places reminders in your private list.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My phone has a "default list" in settings / reminders. It was set to family when I just checked it. Try changing that and see if Siri places reminders in your private list.

Thank you so much! I didn't realize that you could set up a different default list under settings. You are a life saver.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much! I didn't realize that you could set up a different default list under settings. You are a life saver.

It brings up an interesting point. If you create a family plan in iTunes, it creates a shared family reminders list and makes that the default without asking you. That should be a choice. Like you, I don't want to share my reminders with the rest of my family.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It brings up an interesting point. If you create a family plan in iTunes, it creates a shared family reminders list and makes that the default without asking you. That should be a choice. Like you, I don't want to share my reminders with the rest of my family.

Exactly and it's weird that Apple doesn't have shared notes.