Remove Battery?

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Certainly that black strip in the sideview picture on the back at the inferior 1/3 of the phone is diferent from any previous Ipod model... Why?
Antenna? IIRC from the FCC stories last week the back of the device (the shiny bit) is aluminium (a word you might spell differently :)). If aluminium blocks radio waves (I don't know if it does or doesn't) a radio-transparent plastic bit might be required so that it can work as a phone.

tirk

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
OT, sorry!

I do indeed, but then I'm English, so what do I know about the language? :D

Me too - after all in the US they still use the English word "fall" for what we now refer to by the French import "autumn"! :D

<Ho pineapple is an anagram of Apple iPhone - do you really want to wander round with a pineapple clamped to your ear??>

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Still OT. I'm sorry too

<Ho pineapple is an anagram of Apple iPhone - do you really want to wander round with a pineapple clamped to your ear??>
I can't help but note that there's a difference in the meaning of the word 'ho' in US English and English English. Here's the English English one:

ho

exclamation

1 an expression of surprise, admiration, triumph, or derision: Ho! I'll show you.
? [in combination ] used as the second element of various exclamations: what ho! | heave ho.

2 used to call for attention : ho there!
? [in combination ] dated, chiefly Nautical used to draw attention to something seen: land ho!

ORIGIN natural exclamation: first recorded in Middle English

In the US however ... :)

tirk

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
Like the little boy who wanted to be a rake when he left school, because his sister made loads of money as a :censored: ?