Reminders

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
When I make a reminder on my 5 it does not sync with my mini.

I have iCloud enabled and reminders set to sync.

Does it take a long time to sync or should it be instant ?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I has the same problem with my Reminders and Notes. Click on the icon on the upper left corner of the Reminders app (3 bars). Make sure that your reminders are being set up on the iCloud account. Once you create a reminder, it should instantly sync. Hope that helps!

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Settings/reminders/default list. Make sure that the reminders button under the iCloud option has the checkmark beside it.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the 3 bars in either app

When I go to settings / reminders I don't have any options to select iCloud.

This is on my mini.

I'll check my phone but I can't set up the mini with those options.

Any reason I don't have those options.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You would need to enable this setting on your 5, not the mini. Your reminder will never make it to iCloud if the 5 is set to sync it with another service.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Under default list I only have reminders as an option. It's checked but I don't see any thing about iCloud.

Am I missing something.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The iPad reminder app does not have then3 lines in the box on the top left hand corner like the i5 has.

I would really like it if my reminders were on all my devices.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope they don't show either way. I have a iCloud menu on both devices. Under the iCloud menu it says reminders. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354249150.100211.jpg

This is what I have In settings ........

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354249247.063427.jpg

If I open default it looks like this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354249339.479809.jpg

If I open sync it looks like this ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354249384.902950.jpg

Does your settings look like this ?

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
On the 5, settings/mail,contacts,calendars.
Under the Accounts heading you should have a list of services that are set to sync reminders. Turn all off except for iCloud and try again.
Perhaps double check that all of your iCloud info is the same on both devices (ie. @icloud.com and @me.com)

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I just realized that I get reminders on my iPad 2. I turned it off to see if they would start working on my mini.

Can you only sync 2 devices.

All the settings on the iPad 2 were the same as the mini.

Can't figure out why I don't get them on the mini.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that I get reminders on my iPad 2. I turned it off to see if they would start working on my mini.

Can you only sync 2 devices.

All the settings on the iPad 2 were the same as the mini.

Can't figure out why I don't get them on the mini.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

You can sync as many iOS devices as you like plus Mac computers and access on iCloud.com. I currently sync the same reminder list on an iPhone, iPad 4, iPad mini and several Macs.

They all need to be using the same iCloud account. It needs to be set up on the SETTINGS>>>ICLOUD screen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354422092.588278.jpg

Same on a Mac if you want to share there as well. Changes will be updated to all devices when you add, alter or delete on one. You can also have multiple reminder lists and share these with other iOS and Mac users. My wife and I share one for family related reminders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have everything enabled and it still does not work.

I have the same icould acct enabled on my phone and mini.

They do not sync.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I am receiving reminders on my ipad2 created on my iPhone and vice versa.

For some reason my mini is not syncing.

I set up the mini as new. Signed into iCloud , enabled everything in iCloud but reminders do not sync.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm at a loss on this, sorry. Short of something being wrong with your mini or your iCloud info/settings there really is no other reason for this not to work. I don't have multiple Apple devices to be able to test this myself but, I'm 100% certain that iCloud is not limited to sync with only 2 devices at once. I don't believe there is a limit.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No one can help with this ?

Have you tried removing your iCloud account and adding it back on the mini?

I'm at a loss on this, sorry. Short of something being wrong with your mini or your iCloud info/settings there really is no other reason for this not to work. I don't have multiple Apple devices to be able to test this myself but, I'm 100% certain that iCloud is not limited to sync with only 2 devices at once. I don't believe there is a limit.

Nope, no limit.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yes I have removed and re added my account on both devices

Well that really doesn't make much sense. I have yet to see this issue unless there is a documented issue with iCloud for some users. Hope it gets taken care of for you.

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried removing your iCloud account and adding it back on the mini?

Nope, no limit.

I agree, no limit, I am using one iCloud account, and using iPhone, iPad 4, iPad mini, iTouch and 3 Macs, no problems, sync fine. Mix of iCloud and Google, but reminders is iCloud only.

Maybe try going on Apple web site, Apple ID support/maintenance and reset password or create new account and see if that works. Log onto iCloud on web and check if working there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR