Reminder - A better reminders app

mpdifranco

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
App Store: https://appsto.re/ca/frGIhb.i

Hey guys! I'd like to share the reminders app that I've built. I wasn't satisfied with iOS' default Reminders app, so I decided to build my own!

My goal with the UI was to make it fit in as much as possible with the first party apps. The main list was inspired by Apple's Home app.

Features:
- Manage your list of reminders with just a few taps
- Make sure you get notified at the right time and place
- Automatically syncs with Apple’s Reminders app
- Force touch shortcuts to create reminders lightning fast
- Dark mode for use at night
- Privacy focused (no analytics data is collected by the app)
- Energy efficient (quick to launch, and won’t drain your battery)

Coming soon to version 1.5:
- Today Widget
- Share Sheet extension (allows you to create reminders from other apps)

It is a paid app, so if you'd like to try it out for free, grab one of the promo codes below (let me know when you use on so I can cross it off). The promo code will let you download version 1.5 before it's released April 16th.

Promo Codes:
3T9T3A74F4RT
XKHMK4F3TF97
RHMHE7HMLY9W
J3E76HMYPJ63
XKR6AM6JRYP9
7TKN4N6E6PR7
RX3PPNFNWYHN
JWT3NKEXJY7X
YYJE3YN3EX3Y
79LF9PWERL9W

How to redeem a Promo Code

Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Phone Screenshot 1.pngPhone Screenshot 5.png

App Store: https://appsto.re/ca/frGIhb.i

mpdifranco

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Ah I’m sorry to hear that. Is there a specific reason you don’t want to update to iOS 11? I can look into adding back support for iOS 10 if there’s enough demand for it :).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ah I’m sorry to hear that. Is there a specific reason you don’t want to update to iOS 11? I can look into adding back support for iOS 10 if there’s enough demand for it :).

Several reasons. One being I use a few 32 bit apps I don't want to give up. No replacements.

mpdifranco

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to share an update on the latest version of Reminder!

A few new features to highlight:
- Added a For You section to show you upcoming reminders
- Vast UI improvements on iPad
- iMessage app
- Support for both grid and list layout
- More notification sounds
- Default alerts for lists
- Support for Handoff
- Siri and Siri Shortcuts support
- More powerful notifications
- View completed reminders
- Dynamic type support
- Portuguese, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Chinese (Traditional) localizations

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

iPhone X-1-Red_framed.png
iPhone X-3-Yellow_framed.png
iPhone X-4-Pink_framed.png
iPhone X-5-Teal_framed.png

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to share an update on the latest version of Reminder!

A few new features to highlight:
- Added a For You section to show you upcoming reminders
- Vast UI improvements on iPad
- iMessage app
- Support for both grid and list layout
- More notification sounds
- Default alerts for lists
- Support for Handoff
- Siri and Siri Shortcuts support
- More powerful notifications
- View completed reminders
- Dynamic type support
- Portuguese, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Chinese (Traditional) localizations

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

View attachment 125211
View attachment 125212
View attachment 125213
View attachment 125214

It looks nice but what about server side? Does it sync to Microsoft? I see a lot of promising apps that do not accommodate professional or enterprise users that way.

Apple has not accommodated the “stages” (list items) Microsoft has now. A task client that accommodates multiple platforms like Apples but also syncs to more Microsoft features would get my money.

Heck, accommodating server side better could get you bought out and wealthy as has happened with some good apps.

Good luck.

mpdifranco

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
The app actually uses the same database as Apple's Reminders app, so anything you can do with Apple's app you can do with mine. This means you can set up your Microsoft account to sync reminders in the iOS settings, and they should appear in Reminder.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The app actually uses the same database as Apple's Reminders app, so anything you can do with Apple's app you can do with mine. This means you can set up your Microsoft account to sync reminders in the iOS settings, and they should appear in Reminder.

Thank you.

Have you looked at or considered the stages (list items within a task) introduced with Microsoft To-Do or considered getting Planner content to your app?

It looks like your desktop version is coming - correct? Did I fail in searching the Mac app store?

Thanks again.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I made the purchase and suggest it. Dark mode alone is worth considering if you're up late and looking at your tasks. The app does give a nice view of your lists from different servers or sources - iCloud and Exchange for an example.

In a way it's just a different view of the Apple data but so are many weather apps just giving you a different view of same data. The Apple native client is good with other servers so this app gives you compatibility some do not really have.

Definitely consider it.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
With more time and use I’m back to say definitely try this app.

Dark mode alone could be a reason for many. You can have a list view quite like Apple’s or an alternate view. Modifying dates is easier than the native app.

The really important thing to consider that might not be obvious is it using the native app’s database means you have the operating system’s reliability and greater compatibility. You sync to all the platforms the OS does where some task apps are only iCloud or their own platform’s sync.

For business users, I’ve tested Microsoft’s back end. Stages in To-Do only show up in that platform but the reminders themselves sync. If you use Flow to sync Planner items or other things that go to tasks everything works as long as you see it in the Outlook view of tasks (ActiveSync) client.

Without a doubt one of the app purchases that’s been worth it.

mpdifranco

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Hey Sally! Yes, the app works with all iPhones, assuming they're running at least iOS 11. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
FYI, this has been updated Memento with and now includes a watch app. The Watch app is simple but gives you one that has same name and general look as the stock Reminders app.

The beauty of this app is using the phone's sync to Apple, Microsoft or Google cloud. As an example, it gives someone who has Office 365 or Exchange server as part of their work life a better mobile view. There are many fine task apps out there but most fail to be good work group and enterprise applications. Memento gives you a dark mode client for Microsoft's and other back end systems.

It has also been stable so far. I cannot recall one crash and I use tasking with Apple & Microsoft cloud all day long.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77