refunded bumper from apple, another free case from app?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Simple answer to your question is yes :). I did it earlier this morning. I had ordered a white and got that refunded to my cc. Then I got on the app and ordered another one (in black) and just got my conformation email for it. :) So yeah why not go for it.

Because it's cheating, it's dishonest, it's greedy and it makes you a thief. But there's nothing (else) wrong with doing that, I suppose.

Reactions: big9erfan

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
God forbid anyone cheat Apple out of a 25 cent piece of plastic. :p

If you are able to get a refund and a free case; go for it. If they didn't want it to happen, they'd make sure of it.

It may only cost 25 cents to make, but it's a $29 item. The man makes a concession to give you a free bumper/case (which he didn't have to do) and you go out of your way to steal another one? *wondering what the heck is wrong with this generation*

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, big9erfan... man, I just don't get it. :confused:

You and me both. Too many people have this feeling of being entitled to something, and even after it's given to them, they want more b/c they think they can get away with it. I don't get what's wrong with working for something anymore. Maybe it's just the firm hand I was raised with and taught not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Dude its just a case get over yourself. If you don't want to do it more power to you. Let the rest of us do what apple apparently is allowing since I ordered both under the same apple id and was still allowed to get a second one free of charge.

tredstone

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Dude its just a case get over yourself. If you don't want to do it more power to you. Let the rest of us do what apple apparently is allowing since I ordered both under the same apple id and was still allowed to get a second one free of charge.

+1 to that

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There is nothing to get over. It's a matter of doing what's right. Period. End of story.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
it's not just a case it's the ethics of the situation. It doesn't matter if it's a big company like Apple or some small startup the point is if you got refunded then that's that. I'm really not trying to change your mind because seriously this is just a forum I'm just adding my opinion.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
And people wonder why this country is so messed up. It's not the leadership. It's the masses. Ethical behavior has left the building.
If it's not yours don't touch it and do the right thing,even if no ones looking.

suasex

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
I just started this thread because I'm not satisfied with the bumper I bought so I wanted other options...not to scam the system which is the conclusion I assumed everyone would jump to.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I think Apple has confused itself at this point. I did not d/l the case app this morning since I knew I'd be refunded. I got email this afternoon that my refund was being processed (has not appeared in my checking account yet). A few minutes ago I received a 2nd email from Apple telling me I was eligible for a free case and I should d/l the app and choose my case. So I did.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I think Apple has confused itself at this point. I did not d/l the case app this morning since I knew I'd be refunded. I got email this afternoon that my refund was being processed (has not appeared in my checking account yet). A few minutes ago I received a 2nd email from Apple telling me I was eligible for a free case and I should d/l the app and choose my case. So I did.

I just got it as well. saying I should d/l the app and get a case. If apple is telling me to do it then who am I to say no.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got it as well. saying I should d/l the app and get a case. If apple is telling me to do it then who am I to say no.

Are you seriously a ****ing moron? If a crack dealer told you to take money out of the bank vault because, there was no reason NOT to, would you?

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just started this thread because I'm not satisfied with the bumper I bought so I wanted other options...not to scam the system which is the conclusion I assumed everyone would jump to.

Your options were plenty when you bought the iPhone 4. There were about 9 different choices when I purchased the phone on June 24, 2010.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

What the **** ever. I had a 32 GB iPhone 4 GIVEN to me yesterday by APPLE. I decided it was UNETHICAL and wrong. So, I took it back. Why? Because I'm not a thief.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am not a mod here, but you know everybody looks at things differently. Though I may not do something, others will and are within their prerogative to do so. No one here should be judging anyone or laying their moral values on anyone else. Time will take care of those who act without consideration for their actions in the form of consequences. Calling each other names in such a judgmental way isn't exactly a good example either.

I think if Apple gives folks a refund and then turns around and send them an email telling them to go get a free bumper or case many will do it. Apple needs to get their crap together! Many will feel that is on them and no judgement is necessary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen