Reduce Motion in Accessibility Settings

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI, for those that want to turn off the parallax effect with their background photos, you can go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > ACCESSIBILITY > REDUCE MOTION > ON. After I turned it on, my phone randomly restarted a minute later. Not sure why it didn't restart immediately.

The zooming effects still remain, but it does turn off the background effect and the icons will remain in place.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't need to restart after making such a change normally... as long as you're happy with the results - enjoy!

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't need to restart after making such a change normally... as long as you're happy with the results - enjoy!

ah ok. maybe the phone just randomly crashed. it has done that about 4 times since i got iOS 7, something that never happened to me before on an iPhone.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Since turning this off I'm experience better battery life :)

Parallax uses just a minuscule amount of battery.

I don't see how people are having battery problems. I have everything turned on.

Wifi
3G
Bluetooth
Location services
Parallax
Background tasks
Push

And I get a days usage on heavy use and on light use I still have around 50% left at the end of the day.

chrisdlong

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it's related but I was having awful battery life after updating, turned reduced motion to on and suddenly the battery life is as it was prior to the update. Maybe just a coincidence but I changed no other settings so it did seem to point to that setting as the culprit for me.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it's related but I was having awful battery life after updating, turned reduced motion to on and suddenly the battery life is as it was prior to the update. Maybe just a coincidence but I changed no other settings so it did seem to point to that setting as the culprit for me.

Same here. I noticed a significant improvement in battery life after enabling reduced motion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods