Recover lost messages from past away father...

nannahshaw

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi, my best friend broke the screen on his iPhone 6s. He had apple insurance, went in to fix it, and they broke his phone during the repair and he lost all of his photos and text messages. These included the last photos with and messages from his father. He is distraught. Do you think these messages could be recovered? - Either from my best friends iMessage account, or possibly looking up the account of his dad's old account. They were on different networks, in case that matters. Please let me know. Thank you.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You're only real hope is to try restoring from the last backup (assuming there's a recent just prior to the breakage). Otherwise they're gone unless you use 3rd party pay software (I don't think we're allowed to link those here). It's risky, but in this situation there's nothing left to lose.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Your friend needs to set up a new phone with their latest iCloud or iTunes back up. If there's no back up, there's not much they can do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my best friend broke the screen on his iPhone 6s. He had apple insurance, went in to fix it, and they broke his phone during the repair and he lost all of his photos and text messages. These included the last photos with and messages from his father.
What entity ‘broke his phone” and how exactly did they break it? ...
Do you think these messages could be recovered? - Either from my best friends iMessage account, or possibly looking up the account of his dad's old account. They were on different networks, in case that matters. Please let me know. Thank you.
If your “best friend” has an iCloud account and his photos were synced to iCloud / iCloud Photo Library then all of his pics can be retrieved either by logging into the iCloud website via a computer or configuring iCloud on a new iOS device. In regard to “text messages”, that will depend on whether or not he made a recent backup of his iPhone.