Recent iPhone Models Haven’t Been Innovative…Hmmm

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I mean, it hasn't been innovative. The last time the iPhone got any meaningful change was the iPhone X. Every year after that, it's been iterative upgrades. I'm still getting the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but it doesn't make me excited. At least others are doing something different, such as foldable displays.

Why would I want a foldable display ? So I can spend $1700 on a more fragile, clunky device ? Is this supposed to replace my phone and tablet ? It appears to do a crappy job at both tasks, and cost about the same as dual devices. Multi-task devices aren’t always better. I’ll stick with my separate iPhone and iPad Pro.

Why are you getting the iPhone 13 Pro Max ? What device are you upgrading from ?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Why would I want a foldable display ? So I can spend $1700 on a more fragile, clunky device ? Is this supposed to replace my phone and tablet ? It appears to do a crappy job at both tasks, and cost about the same as dual devices. Multi-task devices aren’t always better. I’ll stick with my separate iPhone and iPad Pro.

Why are you getting the iPhone 13 Pro Max ? What device are you upgrading from ?

You answered your own question RE: foldable displays.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
You can find a used one for much less .
You know if they really wanted the feature.

caf9874db470077ca57932614eb26e6e.jpg

I don't understand why you aren't getting it. Even spending $50 for an optional accessory to get something to work is unacceptable.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why you aren't getting it. Even spending $50 for an optional accessory to get something to work is unacceptable.

What are you not getting?

The poster I quoted already has an Apple Watch, won’t cost him anything .

If you want the feature You can get the feature plus a bunch of others, That is more than acceptable and cheaper than buying another phone, which makes it quite preferable.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

You are right not many would. The innovation is only when you are not using the device.

2000 dollars for an mini android tablet with very few optimized apps and an unusable front facing camera.

iPad Pro 12.9 user be like

giphy.gif

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Almost forgot… One can disable Face ID and go old school by using just a passcode.

I live in a free state, muzzles are not required.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Every so often I’ll come across an article, post or comment that states Apple hasn’t been innovative in recent years. Some people base their conclusion on design, whereas as others conclude that it hasn’t wowed them in quite some time.

With that being said, I just have a couple of questions to ask:

1. How many ways can Apple design an iPhone that will be acceptable by the masses and result in huge sales & profits?
2. If Apple built an iPhone to your liking and it did EVERYTHING you wanted it to do, how long would it be before you’re bored with it and want something new?

With the above questions in mind, can we honestly conclude Apple isn’t being innovative or is it more likely that some consumers are just craving something different, but don’t know exactly what it is yet?

1. I'm not sure of the many ways they can change up their design, but I know that we've pretty much had this aesthetic since the X was released.

2. Good question. As a tech enthusiast naturally, I'd probably always keep a general awareness about what new tech is out there. But as a whole, I don't feel like cell phone technology can really break the mold any further than what's already been done. I will say, I love what Samsung is doing. The Z Flip is what catches my eye as you can just look at the smaller screen for notifications, fold it in half to fit in your pocket easier, keep it half opened for dual screen purposes or split function purposes for one app, etc.

I guess my thing is this: It's fine to love what you have and support the brand that works for you. But if technology was stagnant, everyone would still be using portrait style keyboard phones. I like that Apple has consistency, but I'll be honest that I'm not excited when I pick my phone up. It's just a phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2