received mms

Fredsalvas

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

someone send me an mms to my iphone 5 and i didnt get it. After a wile i turn de 3g and my iPhone download the mms. At the Android if i dont have the 3g turned on the mobile will turn it on by itself and download the mms. The iphone dont do that? How i know someone send me an mms if the iphone 5 dont tell me?

Can you help me please?

Best regards,

Fred

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm in LTE coverage almost 100% of the time. I've never missed an MMS, although once or twice they've been delayed by 5 minutes or so.

Fredsalvas

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm in LTE coverage almost 100% of the time. I've never missed an MMS, although once or twice they've been delayed by 5 minutes or so.

But you almost 100% the time with LTE turned on. And if you dont have it on? The iphone will not turn on by itself! At lest we should received a message telling we have an mms waiting. Because if we dont received for a few time it will be an error at the sender and the mms will be canceled. So if we dont have let, 3g or any cellular data on we will never received the mms.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't turn it off when I exit LTE coverage. I still get my MMS.

You should get it eventually, the same as you would if you had turned your phone off, or put it in airplane mode for 12 hours.

Fredsalvas

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
i think with lte or 3g off i will not received the mms.
I would like to received the notification of an mms in stand by to turn on 3g or lte.

I guess that not happen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So you want your iPhone to tell you to turn on your cellular data because you have a multi-media message waiting? lol...good luck with that. Why not just leave cellular data on?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
i think with lte or 3g off i will not received the mms.
I would like to received the notification of an mms in stand by to turn on 3g or lte.

I guess that not happen.

If you don't have data on, how does the phone know there's an MMS waiting?

That's like your doorbell not working and you expecting to know when someone is standing on your front porch.

Fredsalvas

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have data on, how does the phone know there's an MMS waiting?

That's like your doorbell not working and you expecting to know when someone is standing on your front porch.

Maybe i dont explain right what i want.
First and of course i have my cell working (receiving and making calls) but with data off.

So and after explain that, what i want is: when i received an mms the iphone with data (3g or lte) off tell me i have an mms to receive. Or like my Android make is it turn 3g (data transfer) on to receive mms and after i receive the mms it turn off alone. At least the iphone should receive a message (sms) telling we have an mms waiting. With that sms i know if i turn data transfer on i will receive the mms.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe i dont explain right what i want.
First and of course i have my cell working (receiving and making calls) but with data off.

So and after explain that, what i want is: when i received an mms the iphone with data (3g or lte) off tell me i have an mms to receive. Or like my Android make is it turn 3g (data transfer) on to receive mms and after i receive the mms it turn off alone. At least the iphone should receive a message (sms) telling we have an mms waiting. With that sms i know if i turn data transfer on i will receive the mms.

I see what you're saying, however, if you've disabled data, how would you receive a "message" advising you that you have an mms "message" waiting? Wouldn't the alerting "message" be considered data, of which you've disabled?

Fredsalvas

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
At the Android the phone receive a message (like sms) telling you received an mms but dont show the pic. It only show the pic if you download with data turned on.

But the best thing is the iPhone turn data transfer on (receive the image/mms) then it turn off, all by itself.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At the Android the phone receive a message (like sms) telling you received an mms but dont show the pic. It only show the pic if you download with data turned on.

But the best thing is the iPhone turn data transfer on (receive the image/mms) then it turn off, all by itself.

Under those circumstances, one would think that the same would apply to the iPhone with the exception being if a photo or video was sent as an iMessage because iMessages are controlled by Apple. At least, that is my understanding.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Only an iMessage requires data be on. You should quickly receive MMS from non iOS users even without data being on.

If you are not receiving your MMS, maybe you should check with your carrier.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Only an iMessage requires data be on. You should quickly receive MMS from non iOS users even without data being on.

If you are not receiving your MMS, maybe you should check with your carrier.

Thanks for the confirmation, Alli....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro