ReBooting Airport Extreme

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an Airport Extreme 802.11.ac version 7.7.2 for my home network that flawlessly connects 12 clients (devices) with some of those being quite a distance from the base station. I'm very impressed with the strong signal!

Last night I could not see any devices other than the one I was currently using. I wanted to share the solution because in researching I found numerous suggested solutions that ranged from toothpicks, unplugging to hmm who knows what...lol they may have worked for various issues but this is what I did;

On iPhone select the Airport Utility App Icon > Edit > Advanced > Restart Base Station

It was advised you may have to enter your Base Station password but I was never prompted to do so...

Viola!! All my Wemo devices reappeared, laptops, iPads, and desktops are all friendly again with each other and I am a very Happy Camper!! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can attest to that. The Airport utility app is installed on both my iPad Mini and my iPhone 5.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I can attest to that. The Airport utility app is installed on both my iPad Mini and my iPhone 5.

It's surprising just how much information is on that app!
It was absolutely wonderful that it all reconnected everything so effortlessly again.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal