Reassembled a crashed iphone 4S but the screen doesn't work. How do I find out what's going wrong?

sumrania

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried to fix this phone by replacing the front digitizer + lcd and back cover. I did everything as shown in youtube ifixit assembling videos and double checked my connections. Everything seems okay except the battery smells a little. Would the pressure have caused the battery to fail or the logic board to fail? Believe it or not, everything on the phone's inside including the logic board seemed untouched by the impact.

Here's a picture of what it looked like before to show the extent of damage:

imgur: the simple image sharer

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If battery smells could have a punctured battery
They are cheap I would try a replacement
Also check to make sure you didn't accidentally tear a cable on the LCD feeding thru the case to the board

sumrania

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
is there a possibility that anything else apart from the above mentioned things could have broken? Maybe the logic board or the charging port?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone vibrate ? Flipping the switch
Logic board would be my last thing to think because if that's the case then phone is pretty much shot

sumrania

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't vibrate. Although that maybe because the vibration was turned off before it crashed. It took about a month for me to work on it after it crashed so maybe the battery drained out in that month. Apart from waiting for a week for a battery from Hong Kong, I'm pretty much helpless right now!

sumrania

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No, it doesn't vibrate. But that maybe because the vibration was turned off before it crashed. Apart from waiting for a week for a replacement battery to arrive from China, I'm pretty much helpless as to how I can test it next.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Places sell battery other than china try amazon ..

Or if you have another phone test it will a battery from that one

Or maybe call a local repair shop and they can test it out for you

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR