Reasons why YOU jailbreak?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I did it for more customize options, to make my phone exactly how I want it. My device is set up perfectly for me and the variations are limitless, I'd be happy using this device until its very last breath because of the core solid Apple engineering plus unlimited possibilities for apps, themes, fonts, keyboards, etc.

My favorites are:
BiteSMS
iFile
ColorKeyboard
Winterboard
Springtomize
BytaFont
MyWi
iTransmission
Safari download manager
NCSettings
Installous (for downloading stuff from GameLoft, EA, etc. I do support Dev's and try not to get cracked versions)
And I'm trying to get accustom to activator.

Sent from space using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to find a reason to Jailbreak. I rooted on Droid in search of that perfect Rom/kernel combo for incredible battery life but I don't have that problem on my iPhone so...

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Some Utilities and System mods are the first reason to jailbreak. SBSettings is essential to quickly and freely setup main options, perform basic actions, ssh, springflash, and even take notes within an app. Remove BG will save you the pain of having to close all apps by hand - and you can except apps you know you usually want to remain open. Zephyr will add multitasking with simplicity - but take the time to set options correctly or it's a nightmare. SMS counter is cool when you want to keep the high hand on your usage. And so on...

Then theming, of course. Customizing without excess is my way. Define excess... well like others mentionned I'm quite OCD about the looks. It has to be neat. I saw many awesome complete themes... fabulous creations, really, and neat in their original ways... but I like the basic look of the native apps icons, that's my kind of neat. Love the stock apple in many ways, so I only choose what is often the most simplistic way to add a customizing option the native iOS doesn't allow, but should. Adding one column and one row, plus five icons dock, is always my first mod when I'm done jailbreaking a new device. My Status Bar might be a tad more expressive, but nothing much, really.

But the best is when one meets another in the creation of a function you just love, with killer looks. Such as combining FolderEnhancer with GridLock and a couple of font/color changes. If you'll allow... :D Starting with the basic homescreen, where we can see that an icon label misses its icon... that's my folder. Named it accordingly to wallpaper. Then you can (not really) see my folders in the folder... then a peek into one of the folders that's got apps directly in it.

IMG_0345.png

IMG_0346.png

IMG_0347.png

Other folders open more folders... I kept the folder labels because it's mostly for fun and I want to keep my use simple. But you can remove them too... and then create a maze of invisible and randomly placed folders in folder to hide private things...

And I like to have all in one page that seems to contain nothing, except that which I use all the times.

Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The one and probably only thing I miss from my BB was BeWeather. I missed not being able to have the weather information for the Corn Patch on my home screen or lock screen. Since Apple doesn't allow you to do that, JB was the answer. I've found several weather widgets I like, but BeWeather was still the best and easiest to use. No SSHing.

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The one and probably only thing I miss from my BB was BeWeather. I missed not being able to have the weather information for the Corn Patch on my home screen or lock screen. Since Apple doesn't allow you to do that, JB was the answer. I've found several weather widgets I like, but BeWeather was still the best and easiest to use. No SSHing.

I do really miss beweather. Fantastic app. They have done some things on android but not ios that I know of.

I really have a tough time living without quick reply and gridlock. Yes JB is really time consuming. Certain tweaks kill battery and slow down the phone. But so much of it is a lot of fun to just try out!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm back to stock. Been having too many problems with phone restarts, imessage not working right, slower phone,and bad battery. With data share plans coming & iOS 6, i probably won't be wasting time with jb's anymore.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Tetherme, thats it. But only cause I'm in AT&T. When I switch to vzw with the shared data plans. No more JBing for me.

Sent from my iP4S using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just JB'd my 4s a few days ago and the one tweak that I really dig is Brightness Plug. In the house I keep my screen at like 25-30%. When I get in the car and plug in while it's in the holder goes right to 100%. Take it off charger goes right back to 25-30%.

I like all the custom themes but I will miss Brightness Plug when iOS 6 comes out and I go back to stock.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to jailbrake my phone because I wanted to do a little more with my device. I recently downloaded intelliscreen x and I love the added functionality it gives

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I was on the fence for a while about JB. I purchased my 4S in order to have all my devices on the same OS. I do love my 4S but I truly missed the customization options I had with my HTC Evo. I've spent hours on the phone with Apple asking how to complete different task only to find out no dice. I was really tired of each customer service rep telling me to go the suggestion forum share my input. This past weekend I had a friend JD my 4S. I was happy, so happy that "I" JB my iPod Touch 4 G. I did encounter one problem with my Touch but that was b/c I had a bad source loaded. I wiped my Touch and re-JB again. Now I have learned not to load several sources back to back. I'm back up and running again.

My top JB reasons: Customization (I have being cookie cutter...like everyone else)....I refer to think outside the box. I like the tweaks, mods, addons, and themes. All the extra options are not just kool, they add simplicity and functionality to my life. I don't mind researching and learning about the latest options....everyone has hobbies and this is one of mine.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro