Really want the 7 Plus. Am I crazy?

bmhillegass87

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Not crazy! I think as phonesumers (yes I made that up) we have become accustomed to accepting our "device" as old/dated after a 6 month cycle. I would argue you could buy an iPhone 6 right now and use it as a daily driver without issue. Apple does an incredible job updating devices while still paying homage to the older phones in the product line. The A10 chip is still very future proof! And you'll be hard pressed to find anything the device can't run even for at least another year. I had been using the SE since launch and have had literally 0 trouble with the device. By our standards, that device is dated both design wise and internally, but the A9 has been rocking. Just got a 7 yesterday and feel I'm at the top of the technology heap (see single core geekbench scores Snapdragon 835 fans). I love the latest and greatest, but to say buying "last gens" iPhone is a mistake is rubbish. I still think it looks pretty good too :).

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Not crazy. I say get the 7+ now and if you still want the 8 then wait a few weeks after launch.

I had the 6S+ and wasn't looking to upgrade. My son had the 6 and it started having battery issues. So I upgraded to the 7+ and gave my son my old 6S+. My wife also has a 6S+ and I fully expect her to upgrade to the 8 when preorders start. I personally plan on holding on to my 7+ for a while.

ou2mame1

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I don't think I'm even going to like the iPhone 8. From what I've seen I think if I get another iPhone it will be the 9. But I don't know. Android just has more customizing abilities. I'm on the fence. If Apple unlocks the potential of ios I will stay, but my next phone will probably not be an iPhone at all. And don't get me wrong I like my iPhone 7 plus, but I am always running into walls in ios.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This is the exact reason i got an iPhone 7+ now and will get the 8/S,9 (whatever it is) next year.

I'm sure I'll get the 8 but I'll wait a little bit to see if any issues arise. There always seems to be some issue when a design change is made. I'll just upgrade to iOS 11 and that should tide me over for a bit.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I'll get the 8 but I'll wait a little bit to see if any issues arise. There always seems to be some issue when a design change is made. I'll just upgrade to iOS 11 and that should tide me over for a bit.

Thats exactly the case, especially with iPhone. The leak rumors already highlighted some concerns such as the device running hotter than the current iphones and the smaller form factor (screen size to bezel ratio) means shifting internals around to accommodate size. All speculation so far but based on what we sort of know seems to all make sense. With that said, this also ties likely into why Apple may delay the launch and we know Apple only releases quality products so the quality testing will be done well.

TheRandomDealio

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded from a 6 to the 7 Plus about a month ago. Yes, I know...it won't be that long until the next iPhone comes out but my son's 5 was not going to last much longer. In our house, parents get the new device and the kids get the hand me downs. So I went ahead and got the 7 Plus so my son could have my fully functional 6. I love my new phone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Lots of good feedback here, and surprising how many said to go for it. Think I'm going to try to hold out if I can, but keep 'em coming (I may change my mind!)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Lots of good feedback here, and surprising how many said to go for it. Think I'm going to try to hold out if I can, but keep 'em coming (I may change my mind!)

I was a little surprised too, but if the next big jump in the iPhone is delayed then you might as well get the 7 Plus and enjoy it. It's real and you can actually buy it. If you wait for the 7s then the iPhone 8 or X or whatever will probably be a few months behind and who knows how available that will be. There will always be something new right around the corner. Just my two cents being offered at a discount.

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
One huge benefit of buying Apple products is they hold their value so well. Buy the 7 Plus and flip it on Swappa in September if you can take the hit. But it's not like you have an iPhone 4, the 6S is perfectly fine. I'd wait.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I also think a major factor of the fact that i went with a 7+ last weekend (really late to the game) is i know this device will be supported with iOS updates over the next 3 years. We know the new iPhone will be better in some way or form, but as mentioned i could get the 7+ now and wait for the redesign to get a refinement next year. Point is i dont think you can lose, if you get the 7/7+ now or wait for the new iPhone you're set its just a matter of getting whats important to you.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I bought a 7+ a month ago. Resale will be strong and I went on the Apple upgrade program so I have options come release time for the iPhone 8. If you want one now? Go for it. Terrific phone, I really love mine.

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
In 2 months max I should have V20 paid off and plan on getting 6s Plus or 7 plus. Thought about 8 but rumors about price scares me. 7 plus is 32 is pushing money limits. Any suggestions? By the way am fairly new to Apple. Got new iPad 2 months ago and am loving iOS. Loved it so much I got Apple TV 4th gen. Anyway thanks for all you guys and gals do here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro