Really confused about iPhone Music

ssbtech

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I decided to remove all my songs and playlists from my iPhone - it was getting messy. Any time I rearranged songs in a playlist it wouldn't simply sync that back to iTunes, it created another playlist and appended '1' after it, meaning I had two similar playlists.

In iTunes, I de-selected the sync'd playlists and sync'd the phone. On the phone, I went into Settings->iPhone Storage->Music and deleted all local songs.

Back in the Music app on the phone, there's still a whole bunch of songs under 'Recently Added' and under 'Songs' under the Library Heading. None of the songs appear local - they all have the Download-Cloud icon on them.

I guess my question is - where is it getting these song names? They don't match any playlists on my PC, and my PC's iTunes total music library is a heck of a lot bigger than the list on the phone.

Can someone help me understand why the phone is showing songs that's not on it? And a seemingly random list at that?

Seriously, my BlackBerry 10 device had better syncing with iTunes than my iPhone does...

Thanks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I decided to remove all my songs and playlists from my iPhone - it was getting messy. Any time I rearranged songs in a playlist it wouldn't simply sync that back to iTunes, it created another playlist and appended '1' after it, meaning I had two similar playlists.

In iTunes, I de-selected the sync'd playlists and sync'd the phone. On the phone, I went into Settings->iPhone Storage->Music and deleted all local songs.

Back in the Music app on the phone, there's still a whole bunch of songs under 'Recently Added' and under 'Songs' under the Library Heading. None of the songs appear local - they all have the Download-Cloud icon on them.

I guess my question is - where is it getting these song names? They don't match any playlists on my PC, and my PC's iTunes total music library is a heck of a lot bigger than the list on the phone.

Can someone help me understand why the phone is showing songs that's not on it? And a seemingly random list at that?

Seriously, my BlackBerry 10 device had better syncing with iTunes than my iPhone does...

Thanks.

Disable Music

Emilyky

Jun 8, 2019
Visit site
Itunes is dead but it still works on the window. I think your songs have been deleted and cannot be restored

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

Although the songs have been removed locally, they are still available in the cloud, thus the reason for the cloud icon in the Music app.

The songs that are uploaded gets matched to what Apple already has and possibly at a higher quality and thus the reason for the size difference.

ssbtech

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I don't upload songs to the cloud.

Anyway, it looks like 'Recently added' include songs that I've recently purchased on iTunes. It'd be nice if those didn't show on the phone until I actively sync'd them to it, but it's the Apple way I suppose.

It'd also be nice to have iTunes not duplicate playlists. I'm getting multiple playlists with 1, 2, or sometimes 3 added to the end of the playlist name, not to mention gigs of duplicated song files.

It's all a mess really.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner