Real world GPS + Cellular battery life questions from a sports and business user..

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My Series 2 is no longer reliable so a 4 with cellular service interests me. I am wondering how the battery life and radio quality are for someone who does a lot of outdoor sports and has a lot of call and messaging (text, Office 365 Teams, email) via IT admin job?

Can I expect a day's worth of charge if I do 3 - 5 hour bike rides without my iPhone?

Does the data use and push nature for notifications from calendar, tasks and other apps burn a lot of battery charge in addition to calls?

Until recently most days with my Series 2 used 40 - 70% of a charge. Anything to know how it might change if I go cellular would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your cellular signal is strong then the answer is an easy yes, in my opinion.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If your cellular signal is strong then the answer is an easy yes, in my opinion.

Thank you.

My interpretation of reviews and reading posts is talk time is a battery burner, and I'm not sure about AirPods use. My Series 2 sure uses battery noticeably faster if I do a run with music and no phone.

365 days of closing the rings looks achievable so I'm tempted to buy a new watch before giving what I have up for the repair or swap.

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner