Read before posting in the Politics Forum

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It has been our experience that Politics forums can, at times, become a heated place of discussion. We ask that you kindly pay special attention to our community guidelines.

Be polite. Keep your language clean and appropriate. Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs.

Show respect, and have fun. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've seen politics ruin a few good forums in the past it has a habit of spreading into other topics. Happened to IA my favorite Motorcycle Forum

Hoping this doesn't happen here any help stopping it from happening I'm available to hold up the guidelines

Sent from my iPhone 5

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've seen politics ruin a few good forums in the past it has a habit of spreading into other topics. Happened to IA my favorite Motorcycle Forum

Hoping this doesn't happen here any help stopping it from happening I'm available to hold up the guidelines

Moderators are on hand and watching. Members can help as well by using the "Report a post" button if they see anything that violates the guidelines of the new Politics forum.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Moderators are on hand and watching. Members can help as well by using the "Report a post" button if they see anything that violates the guidelines of the new Politics forum.

Ok I will Report any that are in violation

Sent from my iPhone 5

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah! ... I am so loving the topic diversity, this topic may prove to be very entertaining.

View attachment 42290

I plan on staying in "spectator" mode initially...

Fausty82, you already know where I stand politically, and know that I go against the grain...big time...:)...however, I'm more reserved here at iMore, but it's going to be difficult for me to not respond to certain things. Wait, now that I think about it, this may not be a good idea...(laughing)

BobLobIaw

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I doubt very much that iMore will get a thriving politics forum when you have threads like this one:

http://forums.imore.com/politics/314148-today-gop-take-control-congress-7.html

With all due respect, the behavior of the mods (and others) in this particular thread is appalling and is a direct violation of the site's own rules. See "Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs."

Basically some mods and a few other persistent agitators decided to deride the opinions of one poster by bringing his age into it. OP was patronized incessantly, being told that he lacks the "wisdom" that comes with age which thus prevents him from correctly formulating his political opinions and choosing the proper TV news stations. It devolved into a bullying situation, whereby the original poster ultimately decided to leave the site. You all should be ashamed that this happened in the first place--the fact that it was primarily driven by mods is mind-boggling. I hope you take the necessary steps to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods