RE: Text Messages on iPhone X and LG V30

G Kuhs

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
RE: Text Messages on iPhone X and LG V30

I have an LG V30 and an iPhone X. I'd like to be able to switch back and forth occasionally using each phone with the same SIM card. If iMessage is turned off on the iPhone and will I still get text messages (SMS & MMS) on iPhone and V30 if I switch back and forth between devices?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Re: Text Messages on iPhone X and LG V30

I have an LG V30 and an iPhone X. I'd like to be able to switch back and forth occasionally using each phone with the same SIM card. If iMessage is turned off on the iPhone and will I still get text messages (SMS & MMS) on iPhone and V30 if I switch back and forth between devices?

If you disable iMessage and FaceTime before you switch sims it should theoretically work. I say theoretically because I too switch between iOS and Android, and I have one contact that's always a pita to get SMS to work correctly when I switch. Every other person I message goes through like it should, but for some unknown reason I have troubles with one friend. Now this also happens to be the person I message the most so when I switch sims I make sure I'll be using the other OS for a while before switching back.

Also, remember you also have to disable FaceTime as well. Not just iMessage.

The thing I have found that works best is to
1. Clear all my message threads on iPhone.
2. Disable iMessage
3. Disable Facetime.
4. Reboot before removing sim.
5. Switch sims.

If I plan on switching every few days I just never turn iMessage back on until I know I'll be using iOS for a while.

G Kuhs

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Text Messages on iPhone X and LG V30

Thanks for your help. I will give your instructions a shot and see what happens!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox