Re-jailbreaking

PocketAces21

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
So QuickPwn 2.2.1. just came out, and I want to update my jailbroken iPhone 3G. Here's the link:
Jailbreak Firmware 2.2.1
So what do I do? I assume the first step is the back up the data that isn't handled by iTunes, i.e. jailbroken apps. I remember reading that there was a Cydia app that did this. Can someone remind me what that was?
From there, do I just go through the jailbreaking process as if it was a new phone?

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Is this a legitimate site for downloading QuickPWN? I thought that you needed to go to the Dev-Team for downloads. I haven't seen any updates on their site about 2.2.1 being available for QuickPWN for Windows. I would have imagined that this would have been posted in the iPhone Blog if it was available.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Cydia app is AppBackUp I think. Search on Cydia and you'll find it.

From there the jailbreak would be the same process.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So QuickPwn 2.2.1. just came out, and I want to update my jailbroken iPhone 3G. Here's the link:
Jailbreak Firmware 2.2.1
So what do I do? I assume the first step is the back up the data that isn't handled by iTunes, i.e. jailbroken apps. I remember reading that there was a Cydia app that did this. Can someone remind me what that was?
From there, do I just go through the jailbreaking process as if it was a new phone?

TiPb supports releases from the iPhone Dev Team, your link is not a official release from the Dev Team but someone using their latest software and adding 2.2.1 support to it.

I just QuickPWN?d my iPod Touch 1st Generation with the firmware 2.2.1 update thanks to Vortex, a Russian hacker for creating the bundles for the firmware 2.2.1 update and the iPhone Dev Team, poorlad, and planetbeing for creating the QuickPWN software.

So to anyone who is reading this, take note this is not a official Dev Team Jailbreak solution for 2.2.1.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Additional Q's

Sorry, I didn't read through the whole post. This is something I have been worried about when I upgrade to the jailbroken 2.2.1. From what I have read so far, it looks like we have to update to 2.2.1 through iTunes as a new phone and then do the jailbreak. I don't think you can QuickPWN an already jailbroken iPhone from version to version.

As far as TiPb being behind, they are usually the 1st or 2nd blog to update with new info or rumors. I can't imagine that they would be behind on a 2.2.1 jailbreak update.

It looks like AppBackup only backs up App Store apps, which would be beneficial since everyone seems to recommend against doing a restore from backup on a jailbroken iPhone. With AppBackup, you don't have to worry about losing app store data but I don't know if it works after you do a restore as new, because that removes the jailbreak, and I assume any jailbreak data. The only possible benefit I see for the app is that you can remove an app store app from your phone and then put it back on and restore the data.

AptBackup will backup and restore your apps from Cydia, but only the apps you have on your iPhone. It says it won't remember settings or placement, and can only be used after a fresh iTunes installation, not whenever you need it.

Let us know how the upgrade to 2.2.1 goes.

----------------------------------

My additional questions are: (for Windows)

1.) I always assumed that restoring from a backup on a jailbroken iPhone was because Apple might somehow be able to track the jailbreak. Can they figure this out through iTunes?

2.) If you do a restore from backup on a jailbroken iPhone, does it remove the jailbreak and just put back all the non-jailbroken data back on it? Then you QuickPWN it again?

3.) Is there a way to update to the new OS, keep all the current App Store App data, call logs, etc. and rejailbreak?

Thanks.

(P.S.-Thanks for the clarification Bad Ash.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh