Rattling?

jake8188

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Is it just my phone but when I thump the back it rattles like something is loose. If you guys have any comments or of it is happening to you let me know. If not, what do you think I should do about it.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
Is it just my phone but when I thump the back it rattles like something is loose. If you guys have any comments or of it is happening to you let me know. If not, what do you think I should do about it.

This is normal to hear. All the floor models in the Verizon Wireless retail store had the rattle near the camera. My iPhone 4S does it. The "Apple" Verizon rep at the store had the rattle in his iPhone 4S.

Don't worry about it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Nope, nothing, not a sound.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Try using your camera and focusing on different areas and then give it a few taps. This is normal as there are moving parts in the camera. This has been the norm since the iPhone 3G.

This is normal and nothing to freak out about guys/gals.

Don't believe me, visit an Apple store and give all of the display models a tap. They will all do it.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Try using your camera and focusing on different areas and then give it a few taps. This is normal as there are moving parts in the camera. This has been the norm since the iPhone 3G.

This is normal and nothing to freak out about guys/gals.

Don't believe me, visit an Apple store and give all of the display models a tap. They will all do it.

Weird, still nothing! Took it out of the case and had it right by my ear.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't rattle at all

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Even when you tap the back near the camera lens? I find this hard to believe seeing as every single iPhone I have ever tapped has rattled, although some more audible than others. If yours really doesn't then you are incredibly lucky, sir. Mine is actually pretty loud, which sucks, but it's not really an "issue" since nothing is technically wrong.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Even when you tap the back near the camera lens? I find this hard to believe seeing as every single iPhone I have ever tapped has rattled, although some more audible than others. If yours really doesn't then you are incredibly lucky, sir. Mine is actually pretty loud, which sucks, but it's not really an "issue" since nothing is technically wrong.

Yes I'm positive I have no rattle I even took the case off and tapped to see

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

timmyb457

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My rattles, but it's the lock button slightly moving not the camera. If I hold the button and tap the back it is silent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro