random unknown music blasts from my iphone 4s at exactly 4:43 am

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 4s blasts an unknown alert sound (not installed on my phone at all) at random times, but always at exactly 4:43 am. The only way I can think to describe it is that it sounds like an old fashioned band's parade melody. It is very loud and cannot be turned off when it happens! HELP!! This has happened with two separate 4s phones (16GB and current 32GB) that I've owned with carrier CSpire. I have not figured out why this is happening and would love any feedback.

Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That alarm would be in the clock app. Mine goes off each morning at 5:30 am with Sweet Home Alabama! :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Frojo1

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I do have an alarm set, but it works just fine and plays the tone that I set for it. This sound is a sound that is NOT installed or downloaded on my phone. I don't know where it comes from. :(

Frojo1

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Very odd. It doesn't say anything. It's my normal lock screen. It won't let me stop the music at all. This has been happening for a year now. I have searched settings, apps, etc.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you pulled up the control panel from the bottom and checked to see if it shows there?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being that it has happened on two separate iPhones, I can only assume it is something that is installed on the device or a rogue settings. Is your device jailbroken? Does anyone else have access to your device who might have installed something that's hidden? Have you checked each and every app and folder for a suspicious app or an app you don't recall installing?

Frojo1

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
No, it's not jailbroken. I have searched all apps to the best of my knowledge. How do I search folders? My daughter thinks that it may be an app I'm overlooking, because she never had this problem with her 4s when she was with same carrier. Also, no one else has access to my phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How do I search folders?
In this instance, a folder is a square translucent icon containing apps. Simply tap on the translucent icon to view its app contents. You may have to swipe to the left if it contains more than the 9 apps that are visible.

Frojo1

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok. Yes I have done that. Thanks!

In this instance, a folder is a square translucent icon containing apps. Simply tap on the translucent icon to view its app contents. You may have to swipe to the left if it contains more than the 9 apps that are visible.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There is no mute switch on the iPhone. Apple calls it the Ringer/Silent switch. You will still get alarms with that switch turned to off. It does not turn all sounds off.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Restore as a new iPhone ... When you switched from the 16GB to the 32GB I imagine you restored from an old back up, and this weirdness just followed you ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice