Raise to Wake

alan_d_dsilva

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's an awesome feature - although I'm wondering what it's battery impact will be with the screen lighting up often when it accidentally lights up.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
i've grown to like it. It comes in handy and if you want to unlock to home screen you just press the home button before using touch ID

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I liked it a lot at first, but I just turned it off today. I started to be annoyed by the constant lighting up when I carried my phone, or was just moving it. It seemed it was lighting up all the time lol. So I thought better to just click the sleep/wake button when I want to see it. Everyone has different taste!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
i've grown to like it. It comes in handy and if you want to unlock to home screen you just press the home button before using touch ID

Rest Finger to Unlock, settings > general > home button, love it.

I liked it a lot at first, but I just turned it off today. I started to be annoyed by the constant lighting up when I carried my phone, or was just moving it. It seemed it was lighting up all the time lol. So I thought better to just click the sleep/wake button when I want to see it. Everyone has different taste!

I turned it off at first as well, however it's back on because I love the seamless raise and rest to unlock my phone. With Rest Finger to Unlock turned on, it's a beautiful thing.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Funny, "raise to unlock" was the 1st thing I turned off. Was no question in my mind it was being turned off. I set my phone down a lot, and I don't need it coming on each time I moved it or picked it up. So that's gone.

Rest finger to open, was one of the 1st things I turned on..

On a side note, I wish they would of given us a heads up on the new method to do a hard reset. That baffled me for a bit.