Quick Question about Iphone and AT&T

mmeyappan

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys

I have a quick question. I have iphone 3gs currently. My wife wants to switch to iphone family and she doesn't care what phone she gets. I am hoping to get her the iphone 4s and trade my 3gs with her so that we both have iphones and I will have the new iphone (at the same time I don't have to lose my unlimited data plan). Now the question can I buy here the new phone and is it as simple as changing the sim card since we both are using AT&T

Thanks

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well if your line is able to upgrade you can buy the 4s for the price of the upgrde. But if not you may have to pay the of contract price. Now with that being said after you do either of these two things based on your contract you can give her your iphone 3gs and just take it to the att store and they should help with upgrading her plan to a data plan. If her line is able to upgrade and yours isnt she may nice enough to switch with you and let you get the 4s and she take your 3gs O.O

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The SIM cards are not the same size -- you will have to take the two phones to a corporate AT&T store and they will get their system and your iPhones setup for you. I've done this a few times over the years ... regardless of what line you use to get the new iPhone, just take everything to a store and tell them what number you want on which iPhone.

angelsfan01

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I talked to AT&T yesterday and they said I could upgrade one of our other lines, then switch the phone numbers once we get the phones - but we needed to call BEFORE activating the phone - he said this like 5 times!

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this pertains to you or not but I just recently dealt with at&t on number exchanges and area codes, etc. My girlfriends hometown has a different area code than where we are now. She wanted her hometowns area code and I wanted to keep mine. Also for about 4 months I was using a 3GS on a gophone account through at&t and wanted to transfer my number. Both requests at&t failed to do, the rep said it can't be done. So keep in mind I don't think my request were unreasonable. A different area code for 1 line and a at&t gophone number transfer but they were no and no on those requests. In other words at&t aren't the friendliest when it comes to numbers.

Josh

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

I have a quick question. I have iphone 3gs currently. My wife wants to switch to iphone family and she doesn't care what phone she gets. I am hoping to get her the iphone 4s and trade my 3gs with her so that we both have iphones and I will have the new iphone (at the same time I don't have to lose my unlimited data plan). Now the question can I buy here the new phone and is it as simple as changing the sim card since we both are using AT&T

Thanks

If she is eligible for an upgrade then yes you can get the 4s on the upgrade price and take both phones to AT&T and make all the switches necessary, I've done that a couple of times with my family plan.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
One other tip: if you aren't authorized to make changes to her account, you should get that set up beforehand (or rather, have her set that up). Alternatively--and this might be easier in the long run--both of you could go to the store when it's time to set up the 4S. It's sometimes surprising what they ask for in terms of ID, etc, and it's always easiest when all parties are there in person.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal