Quick question about iPhone 5 Alarm

Brad Dahl 1

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
The alarm feature has always worked great for me until a few times recently. I use the "pinball" ringtone for the alarm, which I find totally annoying, so I always reach to turn it off quickly. I usually set 3 alarm times so I don't always get up right away as I know I have more chances. I don't use the repeat feature. I enable the times I want when I go to bed. There is no way I sleep through "pinball' as other posters think they may have done. I have checked settings and don't find anything wrong or changed.

A couple days ago after the alarms not going off I deleted all the alarm times and then put 3 times back in 30 minutes apart. Yesterday those 3 alarms all went off. Today I got up before any alarm times, was up for a while, then decided to go back and lay down. I turned off the first alarm as it was too soon, leaving the other 2 on. After lying there a while I checked the time on the phone and it was past the time for alarm #2 and it had not gone off. A while later the same for the third one.

When I view the screen of the alarm times, #2 and #3 are still green (on) as if the time wasn't here yet. They should not still be enabled as my setting is for one time, not repeating. There might be a pattern in the 3 or 4 times this has happened to me, but I'm not sure. Maybe the act of turning the one alarm back off and then the other two never go off, though I sure don't see why this should happen.

I've had the phone for well over a year and the alarm has always worked fine until a few times over the last 3 weeks or so.

Update..... about a day and a half later...
I left the 2 alarm times enabled to see if they would go off the next day. They did not. I was awake at the times with the phone in front of me.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my alarms for several years and a few iPhones. I set mine to play Sweet Home Alabama to wake me up. It's never failed my iP 5. I would suggest you delete all your alarms. Start fresh. Then do a hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. Then set your alarms back like you want them.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods