Quick question about iPhone 5 Alarm

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find the answer myself. So I've had my iphone 5 for a couple months now and just this last week the alarm has failed to wake me up. When I wake up it has a notification with my alarm on it. I don't remember shutting it off or anything and I highly doubt that's what happened. This is a big problem because I missed clinicals on Wednesday because the same thing happened and today I was 3 hours late to work. My question is, how reliable is the iphone alarm? It has worked for me flawlessly until this week. Am I not hearing the alarm because the alarm turns off after a certain amount of time? I don't know what's going on, someone please help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone Alarm app has never failed me, and I use it often. To verify your setting, initiate the Alarm Clock app, click "edit" in the upper left corner of the screen. Tap on the > at the right end of one of your set alarm times. Tap on "Sound" and then choose the alert you want to use. Select "back" and then select "Save" in the upper right corner of the screen. Now go to Settings-Sounds and then under the "Ringer and Alert" option, slide the lever to a volume appropriate for you. Now set a test alarm and see how it goes for you.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The alarm on my iPhone always wakes me up without fail. Did you update your phone recently? If this continues to happen, I would restore and see if that corrects the problem.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It has always worked for me also .. Although it did fail on my wife last week and she was 3 hours late also to work so I know she feels your pain .. In her situation thou I think she either set or wrong like for pm not am or had the days of the week wrong. I would just double check your settings and maybe set a test alarm for 3 min later to see if it goes off and is as loud as you want it to be

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys/gals? So I set an alarm and let it ring for a while so after about 15 minutes or so of ringing it turns itself off and displays a message on the lock screen. Very disappointing, I'll post a screen shot later if I can figure it out

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys/gals? So I set an alarm and let it ring for a while so after about 15 minutes or so of ringing it turns itself off and displays a message on the lock screen. Very disappointing, I'll post a screen shot later if I can figure it out

I'm missing something. The alarm worked, but you're disappointed that it shuts itself off after 15 minutes of constant alerting. How much time do you need? When my alarm goes off, I turn it off and get started with whatever it is I need to do.

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You're not missing anything, an alarm should go off until I turn it off. Theirs no reason for it to turn off on its own after a certain amount of time mandated by apple. Just like the snooze button that I cannot adjust. The amount of time I need to wake up is my own business, the problem being I sleep through the alarm even after setting multiple alarms.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

So what's the problem?

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So what's the problem?

Well I guess I'm falling asleep too late and sleeping through the 15 minutes. I guess I'm used to my BlackBerry going off until I turn it off like any regular alarm. Oh well why Apple does this I have no idea, and also gives you no way to change it just like the snooze button. (is this comment nice enough for you moderator)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're not missing anything, an alarm should go off until I turn it off.
Many traditional alarm clock do just that.
Theirs no reason for it to turn off on its own after a certain amount of time mandated by apple.
Maybe, but it could be a battery saving measure.
Just like the snooze button that I cannot adjust
Have you tried any of the available third party alarm clocks that may be more feature-rich?
The amount of time I need to wake up is my own business,
No doubt about it and I didn't mean to suggest otherwise.
the problem being I sleep through the alarm even after setting multiple alarms.
I understand. Take care...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess I'm falling asleep too late and sleeping through the 15 minutes. I guess I'm used to my BlackBerry going off until I turn it off like any regular alarm. Oh well why Apple does this I have no idea, and also gives you no way to change it just like the snooze button. (is this comment nice enough for you moderator)

Don't be offended, SourBB. You have not stated anything out of line or mean spirited. :) You've stated your reasons and there is nothing wrong with them. It's all good. :)

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Don't be offended, SourBB. You have not stated anything out of line or mean spirited. :) You've stated your reasons and there is nothing wrong with them. It's all good. :)

Lol sorry JustMe'D I guess I am always Sour! Just kidding I'm usually not, and yeah I'll be looking up 3rd party apps to see if they have continuous alarms for good measure. Anyway thanks for the reply have a good Sunday. 😃

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol sorry JustMe'D I guess I am always Sour! Just kidding I'm usually not, and yeah I'll be looking up 3rd party apps to see if they have continuous alarms for good measure. Anyway thanks for the reply have a good Sunday. 😃

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy your Sunday as well. Take care. /)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe set multiple alarms 16 min apart so it never shuts off

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Haha sounds like a great idea! Steam sale has drained my money for the week, so will have to wait to purchase more apps...

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Haha sounds like a great idea! Steam sale has drained my money for the week, so will have to wait to purchase more apps...

You don't have to purchase more apps, just set multiple alarms in the stock clock app.

Downside is if you happen to wake up within the first 15 minutes you'll have alarms going off every 15 minutes after that.

Or you could just buy a regular alarm clock.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
When you get the money: buy a speaker dock, they will make the alarm go louder, or plugged in via basic speaker that is plugged into the wall.

chls

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Bringing this back because I have the same issue as the OP. I have a tendency to sleep through the duration of my alarm going off and always have multiple alarms set. Once it has automatically shut itself off though, the following alarms don't come on either.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods