Question on purchase of iPad Air 2

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I have a guy who is selling an iPad Air 2 62 GB AT&T version and he'll let me have it for $250. I have a couple of questions first off is this a good deal? Second since I've always been an Android User how hard would it be to use Google photos on the new ipad?

I currently have a Galaxy Tab e but I was thinking iPad Air 2 would have better screen resolution so therefore photos and videos would look better on it. Would I be correct on this? This would be the main reason for switching.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before you hand over any money to the seller, meet him in a public place, preferably an AT&T store and have him disable turn off the Find iPhone app as well as disable all of iCloud. By doing so, you will buying a device in which the iCloud Activation Lock has been disabled thus allowing you to use the device as your own. Play around with the device and make sure it is operating correctly. Aftyer that, get with an AT&T rep to make sure the device isn’t reported stolen or hasn’t been blacklisted. If all checks out to your satisfaction, go ahead and make the purchase. $250 for an iPad Air 2 is a good deal, in my opinion. As for Google Photos, it has a 5-star rating in the App Store.

khobia2

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Before you hand over any money to the seller, meet him in a public place, preferably an AT&T store and have him disable turn off the Find iPhone app as well as disable all of iCloud. By doing so, you will buying a device in which the iCloud Activation Lock has been disabled thus allowing you to use the device as your own. Play around with the device and make sure it is operating correctly. Aftyer that, get with an AT&T rep to make sure the device isn’t reported stolen or hasn’t been blacklisted. If all checks out to your satisfaction, go ahead and make the purchase. $250 for an iPad Air 2 is a good deal, in my opinion. As for Google Photos, it has a 5-star rating in the App Store.

Great advice.

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Att will give you a new SIM card. You just bring it in & ask to add it to your account. He said he was going to reset the whole device so it's like new. Won't have anything on it. I did play around with it a bit and it's pretty awesome device.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Att will give you a new SIM card. You just bring it in & ask to add it to your account. He said he was going to reset the whole device so it's like new. Won't have anything on it. I did play around with it a bit and it's pretty awesome device.

Simply resetting the device won’t do anything if the device is still on lock down via the iCloud Activation Lock.

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Got the iPad Air 2 today and I just finished setting it up. I had no issues whatsoever, even got my Apple ID and iTunes account set up.

VimanaPilot

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone, I would like to ask a question and get a final answer. I have purchased an iPad Air 2 from a police auction site, they sold it as a parts only because it is activation locked. I bought it in hopes that I might find a way to unlock it, is it truly impossible to do, or is there any workaround to this issue? I have been searching the web for solutions, but so far only getting sketchy information about ways to unlock it, nothing looked legit to me. Can anyone answer once and for all if there is any way to unlock these devices, and since I bought it from a police auction site, and can prove it, will Apple possibly help me with this? Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I would like to ask a question and get a final answer. I have purchased an iPad Air 2 from a police auction site, they sold it as a parts only because it is activation locked. I bought it in hopes that I might find a way to unlock it, is it truly impossible to do, or is there any workaround to this issue? I have been searching the web for solutions, but so far only getting sketchy information about ways to unlock it, nothing looked legit to me. Can anyone answer once and for all if there is any way to unlock these devices, and since I bought it from a police auction site, and can prove it, will Apple possibly help me with this? Thank you.
The answer is this: You will NOT be able to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock on the device and no, Apple will NOT assist you in this matter. Period.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2