Question on construction of iPhone 6

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering (makes a difference in the case I get for the 6), I remember the non-display parts of the iPhone 5 were very susceptible to scratches (edges for example), and the 5s was not - and the difference was the type of metal used. If this is true (is it?), then is the 6 using the metal of the 5s or 5 - in other words, more or less susceptible to scratches compared to the 5 and 5s?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering (makes a difference in the case I get for the 6), I remember the non-display parts of the iPhone 5 were very susceptible to scratches (edges for example), and the 5s was not - and the difference was the type of metal used. If this is true (is it?), then is the 6 using the metal of the 5s or 5 - in other words, more or less susceptible to scratches compared to the 5 and 5s?

If I'm not mistaken it's the same material. I've also read that the silver version is the least likely to show scratches.

I would consider a case or an allover shield if you are like me, fastidious about scratches. I want to protect my baby!!!!:heart:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ooooooo sorry....as the 5s which I believe was the same as the 5.
I believe its aluminum.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, like previous posters said, it is the same material as used on the 5s. Space Gray is a lighter, more scratch free coating than the Slate Black of the iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73