Question - Lifeproof Nuud for my iPhone 6 Plus

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Quick question that I'm hoping some of you guys will chime in on.............

Every smart phone I've had (from BlackBerry to the iPhone 6 Plus I have now) has always had an OtterBox Defender on them. I decided to go to Best Buy last night and pick up a Lifeproof Nuud for my 6 Plus because I've been wanting a waterproof case for it (not to mention they're on sale for $61.99). The case is awesome & I'm very pleased with it.

One question/gripe.......... My notification sounds are really muffled & I understand that's mainly because of the design plus the mesh over the speaker to keep water out. Is there anyway any of you guys have seen to help get rid of the muffled sounds without compromising the integrity of the case? I've tried but not have any luck. I've got my phone to vibrate while ringing so I haven't missed any calls, it's just the muffled noise is aggravating to me. I also hate that they didn't make an OEM Lifeproof holster for the 6 Plus case, however I found a holster/clip on Amazon made by Encased that is made specifically for the 6 & 6S Plus in a Nuud case. Once it comes in I'll be sure to post some pics in case any of ya'll would be interested in one. The holster was $16.99 and I got free two day shipping because I'm an Amazon Prime member.

The other concern I had was voice distortion while on a phone call but I've not had any complaints and folks I've talked to have said I sound loud and clear.

Enough rambling, lol. Thanks in advance for any advice you guys may be able to provide!

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Stopped using the Nuud and Fre for those reasons .... Grabbed a red pepper case from Amazon and it doesn't have those issues

donemt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I also have been using the Nuud on my iPhone 6 Plus and the problems that you mentioned are the result of the waterproof design and really not much can be done to offset them without damaging or reducing the case's integrity. I use a Bluetooth device mostly so I don't have those issues but when using the phone normally it is a little muffled. Thanks for the tip on the case from Amazon I'm going to order one tonight because the " belt clip " that Lifeproof sells is a royal pain not at all like the belt clip holster that they always made for other iPhones.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend modifying your waterproof case because it will most likely compromise its....waterproofness. Sound quality is generally something you sacrifice using a case like that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW