Question - IOS Health App

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
This might be a stupid question, but does anyone have any fitness or health data in the IOS Health App? I've read that some people have data that's carried over from fitness/health apps into the IOS Health but I'me guessing they must be using an iPhone5/5S.

Is anyone using an iPhone 6/6+ have data in their IOS Health App?

Thanks in advance!!

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I thought the health app was supposed to pull data from installed fitness apps such as the fitbit app, but I get no data shared from the fitbit app on my 4S. Does the health app require fitness app Devs to update their apps for health integration?

Roland

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the Fitbit app and it's not pulling from there either. I think the Devs have to update their app in order for it to work. I do have the steps and Walking/Running working. It seems to work really well. For other activities to work, I'm guessing it pulls from other apps.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Fitbit app and it's not pulling from there either. I think the Devs have to update their app in order for it to work. I do have the steps and Walking/Running working. It seems to work really well. For other activities to work, I'm guessing it pulls from other apps.

I've looked in the Heath Dashboard widgets that I've got setup & it looks like it can pull data from the fitbit app e.t.c as well as push data to the same apps.

Just need fitbit to update their app along with Nike to update the Nike+ Running app to work with Health , but that's what the 8.0.1/8.0.2 update was to do (by allowing Healthkit apps to show in the App Store).

Roland

andrelamont

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I didnt want to start yet another thread about health app...so please forgive me if it comes across as thread hi-jacking

I am coming from windows phone so I have a lot of ignorance here about iOS and Health App

From my reading health app has read/write privileges, it also has a computer chip to track distance, elevation, steps and etc.

Question 1:
Why would I need a Nike Fuel band or fitbit or product X band if the phone could do this?

Question 2
Why would I need an app like FitPort or Health Mate if the Health dashboard does this already?
HealthMate link:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/withings-health-mate/id542701020?mt=8
FitPort link:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/id914413310?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Question 3
Do I need to install these apps if the Health App can read data from the (sigh) cloud. It would seem like I would have to have a dormant folder to hold apps that are never used because the Health App show it all.

Question 4
Is the data exportable or backed up. Meaning if I had to reset my iphone would I lose all my data....such as distance running if I used the native Health App instead of nike, fitbit and etc

Will the health app built in meters for distance/ steps show up on the native map? I would I need to install another app to show this.

Thanks in advance,
~ andre

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I didnt want to start yet another thread about health app...so please forgive me if it comes across as thread hi-jacking

I am coming from windows phone so I have a lot of ignorance here about iOS and Health App

From my reading health app has read/write privileges, it also has a computer chip to track distance, elevation, steps and etc.

Question 1:
Why would I need a Nike Fuel band or fitbit or product X band if the phone could do this?

Question 2
Why would I need an app like FitPort or Health Mate if the Health dashboard does this already?
HealthMate link:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/withings-health-mate/id542701020?mt=8
FitPort link:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/id914413310?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Question 3
Do I need to install these apps if the Health App can read data from the (sigh) cloud. It would seem like I would have to have a dormant folder to hold apps that are never used because the Health App show it all.

Question 4
Is the data exportable or backed up. Meaning if I had to reset my iphone would I lose all my data....such as distance running if I used the native Health App instead of nike, fitbit and etc

Will the health app built in meters for distance/ steps show up on the native map? I would I need to install another app to show this.

Thanks in advance,
~ andre

Question 1:

The fitness bands can track your sleep activity (how you're asleep, how restless you are & how many times you're awake and for how long) which you can't do with just a phone, also just using the phone requires you to have it on you at all times, which you don't always do when you're at home i.e. while it's charging.

Question 2:

Third Party apps have features that the Health app doesn't have, the fitbit app can save the food that you eat in a list so you don't have to enter ll the calorie information everytime.

Question 3:

If you've been using say Nike or fitbit for a while then you'll probably want to have the app installed, especially as currently Nike & fitbit apps currently haven't been updated to work with the health app, also the health app can pull data from & push data to the likes of fitbit & Nike (once updated).

Question 4:

If you use it in conjunction with one of the apps for fitness wristbands or Nike then the data will get pushed to these apps & backed up via your fitbit/Nike/Jawbone e.t.c. Account and should restore after a restore (since no thirdparty app have been updated to work with Health yet it's hard to tell).

You only need a third party app if your iPhone doesn't have an M7/M8 Coprocessor & you need a wristband to do the job of the M7/M8 chip & or you need a feature that's not available in the health app i.e. silent alarms & wristband battery status.

Roland

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods