Question if you've applied protectant to Apple Leather Case

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I bought the red Apple leather case at launch and LOVED it. But, it took on dirt and grime around the edges (not oils or aging) and it became unappealing. I am wondering if anyone applied a leather protectant to theirs prior to using and if so, would you say this has helped? I am considering buying the red one, again, but only if I can somehow prevent the unsightly black grime that collected on my current one. Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I have used protectant on other leather products and my mileage has varied. It certainly won't hurt, but I would not spend a ton of money on it.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I put leather protectant on my blue one the day I bought it. It still began to look rough after about a week, so I exchanged it for the black one.

I really don't think the leather protectant will prevent the worn look. I think it just delays it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't spend a lot to do this. From what I've seen it rarely works. Can you return or exchange it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If anyone bought a case and displeased with it because of dirt and grime and but you are going to have to keep it, Try the good old can of saddle soap that that not only cleans it but puts a protectant on it to keep off dirt and will keep it looking like new. A large can only cost about $3-$4.00. Just a suggestion and my 2 cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro