Question for anyone that's used both Lifeproof and Otterbox Armor (4S)

iBradA5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lifeproof and my issue with it is the screen functionality. I have to press rather hard and there is noticeable air between the phone screen and case screen. The Otterbox Defender had a PERFECT screen protecter built in as far as touch sensitivity goes. How is the armor series screen protector? Is it like the defender exactly? Is it like the Lifeproof? How is it as far as touch sensitivity goes? Any difference?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a lifeproof for my 4 loved it, so when i got my 5 i preordered one, got one of the crappy batch 3 later, all still crappy just bought an armor, i love it, best case ive ever had, if it had a battery it would be perfect lol, the screen protector is great, home button needs to be pressed a little harder as does the sound/silince switch but those things dont bother me at all i love the case

b0n3s

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had all three and must say the armor series screen protector is just as good as the defenders! I went through two fre cases and couldn't stand them too many issues. A big plus with the armor is you can plug headphones right in the phone! The armor will be my go to case for a long time!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Armor case and defender, do not allow the "spring board" effect on the screen, it sits directly on top of the device with no rainbow effect. IMO it's just like using the screen with out a cover over it....

Manny_Manchego

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the life proof case and did notice the squishy Screen. After a month of use it seems like it has settled or maybe I have gotten used to it. I also noticed and improvement when I took my zagg screen protector off.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had both the Lifeproof Fre and the armor and I am currently using the armor. I had two replacements with my lifeproof and the screen was so bad that it started to hurt my thumbs just to use it. I bought the armor series and it is now perfect. I must warn you, for the first day or two... there's a TINY bit of pillowing.. at least in my case... but give it a few days and it will settle. Mine settled and as mentioned above, is just as flat as the defender series and even has the imfamous rainbow effect it's so flat. Its' a much better case, well worth the extra $20. The whole point in buying a lifeproof is for it to be "lifeproof". I think it's so thin/flimsy that it couldn't withstand much. The armor on the other hand, is a tank.

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My friend had a lifeproof case on his 4s and it was the same way, I got used to it pretty quickly just using it to play music when he was on my boat.

He now has a 5 with an commuter though since even a $100 case doesn't protect from leaving it in Paul Brown Stadium LOL

ProductMr

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The Armor series has a thicker screen protector than the Lifeproofs. The Armor series has a really good screen protector in my opinion. Although it is thicker it is still responsive and provides better protection. It sits very close to the actual screen and there is no dodgy rainbow effects or anything like that. I would probably say it is similar to the Defender. I am not fond of Lifeproof cases though. I did a comparison article on the Armor series vs the Lifeproof cases

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The Armor series has a thicker screen protector than the Lifeproofs. The Armor series has a really good screen protector in my opinion. Although it is thicker it is still responsive and provides better protection. It sits very close to the actual screen and there is no dodgy rainbow effects or anything like that. I would probably say it is similar to the Defender. I am not fond of Lifeproof cases though. I did a comparison article on the Armor series vs the Lifeproof cases

I just got the armor series case at best buy on clearance for $44. Best purchase I could have made. This thing is a tank!! Perfect for the fishing trip I'm about to take. Really didn't like the feel of the lifeproof cases or even the preserver series. They might be water proof and have Touch ID but with this discount price, there was no reason not to buy the armor.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox