Question for 6s owners

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the 6 plus and can upgrade in September, plan on getting the new iPhone 7 (or Plus). The size of the Plus is starting to become a problem to carry around in my pants pocket all the time, it's also becoming a bit uncomfortable in my hands if I use it for a long time although that's not the main reason for downsizing.
My main concern in going to the smaller screen is the readability of it. I'm used to the bigger screen, is there a huge difference from one to the other? I mostly use the phone for social media and ebooks when I'm not at home. Does any of you find it difficult to use this screen size for this purpose and has anyone switched from the Plus down to the smaller size and not regretted it?
I look forward to your responses.
Thanks
Bob

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have both and I prefer the regular size, honestly.

You can always make the characters bold or bigger, if that's really bothersome!

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
It might hurt a little to read ebooks on the small screen if u r used to reading on a larger one. I am used to reading on my Note 4. So its a bit challenging.But its not a deal breaker.

Other than than, it's perfect to carry around in pockets and for phone calls.
Plus, ull love the spec bump and upgraded cameras. Go ahead, You won't regret it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You'll eventually get used to it. Nothing can beat the battery life on the Plus, 1080p display, Video stabilisation and OIS are great stuff to have.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It might hurt a little to read ebooks on the small screen if u r used to reading on a larger one. I am used to reading on my Note 4. So its a bit challenging.But its not a deal breaker.

Other than than, it's perfect to carry around in pockets and for phone calls.
Plus, ull love the spec bump and upgraded cameras. Go ahead, You won't regret it.

Text size on iOS is adjustable. Settings/Display and Brightness/Text Size. Apps that support Dynamic Type will adjust to your desired reading size. Also, Both iBooks and the Kindle reader app allow text size adjustment.

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Can not comment on the larger screen to much as I have only held a few peoples 6s+ phones but they were just not for me, far to big for my liking. I got the 6s and love it, my thinking was I would have a small phone, larger iPad, then larger macbook so kinda got all the stages covered.... all I can say is I don't have any trouble reading or doing anything on my 6s but I have never down sized....

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking about doing, just finding the bigger phone is getting to be a bit harder to carry in my pocket. Thanks

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Text size on iOS is adjustable. Settings/Display and Brightness/Text Size. Apps that support Dynamic Type will adjust to your desired reading size. Also, Both iBooks and the Kindle reader app allow text size adjustment.

That and text size on Tweetbot is also customizable, I've pretty much made up my mind to go t the smaller size, just need to wait till September when the new one comes out.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

That and text size on Tweetbot is also customizable, I've pretty much made up my mind to go t the smaller size, just need to wait till September when the new one comes out.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would have to tell you to wait and see what Apple does with the next version. The 6s fits my needs well the screen is great you may have to work around the size and ppi when it comes to ebooks but it can work. holding my wife's old 6+ Next to my 6s their is a difference in usability when it comes to ebooks and websites. For me the difference isn't big enough to warrant the increased size and drop in usability. The 6+ is just to big. I've owned the note 2 and 3 the lg G4 and used them without any issue can't say the same for the 6+. If Apple can shrink the footprint of the 7+ I say get it if not try them both and think long and hard about which one will work better for you. Good luck

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I would have to tell you to wait and see what Apple does with the next version. The 6s fits my needs well the screen is great you may have to work around the size and ppi when it comes to ebooks but it can work. holding my wife's old 6+ Next to my 6s their is a difference in usability when it comes to ebooks and websites. For me the difference isn't big enough to warrant the increased size and drop in usability. The 6+ is just to big. I've owned the note 2 and 3 the lg G4 and used them without any issue can't say the same for the 6+. If Apple can shrink the footprint of the 7+ I say get it if not try them both and think long and hard about which one will work better for you. Good luck

I own the 6+ now and the only reason I'm thinking of downsizing when the new iPhone 7 comes out is the ability to carry it comfortably in my pocket, it's becoming more of a problem with the larger 6 plus. Thanks for you response though appreciate it.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm not expecting Apple to change a lot in iPhone 7 form factor, to be honest. For my needs portability > screen estate, so the 4.7" is the sweet spot.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I just swapped from the 6S+ to the 6S and love the size. Much easier to use. I do miss the battery life of the Plus!

So your didn't have a problem going down to the smaller screen size of the 6S, that's my main concern, again basically use it for Twitter and ebooks besides phone use.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help, I agree with the portability factor, main reason why I'm considering switching down when the new ones come out.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
It has been a pleasure. I have had the Plus since launch. I don't miss the big screen at all, I am actually thinking of going down to the SE..

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the 6s Plus, but I've played with the 6 Plus in stores. It's just huuuuuge! While it's nice, I definitely prefer the size of the 6s. I don't think it should be a problem to read content on the 6s at all, although it might be a shock to your senses after coming from a Plus.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I looked at them both 6S/6P and chose the 6S and find it the perfect size to carry around of course the trade off is obvious being screen size battery and picture quality however I see so many posts from people that bought the Plus only to return it for the 6S that in my thinking is the perfect size of device .

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
here is my history with devices in the past 3 years and hopefully it will shed some light on your question. I was using a 4s for a bit and then went to a note 3 for 2 years. In the beginning of owning the note I was very happy and impressed with the screen size. I used to love the fact that I had such a large screen that I didn't need a tablet. The other aspect that I enjoyed was the battery life. Now I went from the note 3 to the 6 plus for a brief time. The noticeable difference with the two was the weight. The weight made it awkward to use for long periods of time. Also the weight made it a lot more noticeable in the pocket. When I heard the 6s+ was going to be heavier I knew I wasn't going to get it because the 6s was already becoming a chore to carry and find places to put it in the car.

So here I am with the 6s and i am very happy. Only real thing I miss is the battery. Occasionally zooming in on pictures that you wouldn't have to on a + model because of the screen size. The battery is smaller so there's less usage time but it also charges faster. In the end, having the ability to pull the phone out of my pocket with one hand and firing off a text with the same one hand and popping it back in my pocket without having to juggle what's in my other hand to balance the phone is priceless to me. I have missed the one handed use for so long and it's awesome that I have it back now.

As far as screen size you can increase the font and zoom in on the icons and you're perfectly fine.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
here is my history with devices in the past 3 years and hopefully it will shed some light on your question. I was using a 4s for a bit and then went to a note 3 for 2 years. In the beginning of owning the note I was very happy and impressed with the screen size. I used to love the fact that I had such a large screen that I didn't need a tablet. The other aspect that I enjoyed was the battery life. Now I went from the note 3 to the 6 plus for a brief time. The noticeable difference with the two was the weight. The weight made it awkward to use for long periods of time. Also the weight made it a lot more noticeable in the pocket. When I heard the 6s+ was going to be heavier I knew I wasn't going to get it because the 6s was already becoming a chore to carry and find places to put it in the car.

So here I am with the 6s and i am very happy. Only real thing I miss is the battery. Occasionally zooming in on pictures that you wouldn't have to on a + model because of the screen size. The battery is smaller so there's less usage time but it also charges faster. In the end, having the ability to pull the phone out of my pocket with one hand and firing off a text with the same one hand and popping it back in my pocket without having to juggle what's in my other hand to balance the phone is priceless to me. I have missed the one handed use for so long and it's awesome that I have it back now.

As far as screen size you can increase the font and zoom in on the icons and you're perfectly fine.

Thanks for your response, I've decided that when the new phone comes out in September I will probably go with the smaller size and at least try it for the window that AT&T gives you (2 weeks) and see if the smaller screen makes that big of a difference to the ability to carry it in my pocket with ease.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro