Question about Zagg Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for iPhone 6/6 Plus

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1442718809.186759.jpg

Hello, I have tried many generic tempered glass screen protectors for my iPhone 6 only to keep getting the white bubble line around the edges, have tried many with no success. I decided to go to Verizon today and spend more a little more on a screen protector and had the girl install a zagg glass..from what I can tell the install looks perfect, it is aligned correctly with no dust or lint underneath.. My question is for people who have a Zagg glass if it is 'normal' to have the small white line at the bottom of the phone, almost looks like it is not making contact with the screen at the bottom, and if anyone thinks this will become a problem? I know the screen is curved at the edges, but if she had raised the screen protector any higher it would have covered the top receiver...any help is greatly appreciated 😀

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Zagg tempered glass protector on both my Note 4 and my iPhone 6. There is no line at the bottom.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I personally think it's just going to be that way, it could be the protector is just not perfect and because it's on a curvered screen it's just the way it is. When I use them I like the Zagg HDX better because it fells like glass once installed but isn't so it goes with the curve.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually returning mine right now because the space went all the way around my screen protector. It was perfectly straight, but the edges weren't touching. The one on my 6 didn't have that issue but it kept chipping. I decided to give it another try this time but it didn't work for me. May try the HDX instead.

UPDATE: bought the HDX and didn't like it either. It felt almost as bad as the original Zagg...rubbery. Anyway I'm going for the naked screen for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I returned the Zagg Glass that Verizon had installed and went to Best Buy, Paid the $8 for their "professional" install.. Must say she lined it up perfectly, and now their is a white line on the top and on the right side, top where it does not adhere.. I also must say the verizon rep put it on just as good for FREE lol.. But such is life, I am not going to stress out about a white line anymore, I will loose my sanity over a screen protector? Hehehe But I must say that I am disappointed in the Zagg Glass, for being a $35.00 product, I personally have experienced much better results from the $5.00 Tempered Glass protectors that I have either bought on Ebay or at Walmart.. Nothing special or different at all with the Zagg Glass.. Oh and their lifetime warranty, they charge 7 bucks to send, and its going to cost $3 to mail back.. Guess all the cheaper tempered glass protectors come with a lifetime warranty to, because for that price you can just keep buying news ones

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I returned the Zagg Glass that Verizon had installed and went to Best Buy, Paid the $8 for their "professional" install.. Must say she lined it up perfectly, and now their is a white line on the top and on the right side, top where it does not adhere.. I also must say the verizon rep put it on just as good for FREE lol.. But such is life, I am not going to stress out about a white line anymore, I will loose my sanity over a screen protector? Hehehe But I must say that I am disappointed in the Zagg Glass, for being a $35.00 product, I personally have experienced much better results from the $5.00 Tempered Glass protectors that I have either bought on Ebay or at Walmart.. Nothing special or different at all with the Zagg Glass.. Oh and their lifetime warranty, they charge 7 bucks to send, and its going to cost $3 to mail back.. Guess all the cheaper tempered glass protectors come with a lifetime warranty to, because for that price you can just keep buying news ones

I ended up buying a cheap $5 tempered glass protector and it's doing exactly what I need it to do. When I need it to be replaced I just go buy another one. I really wanted Zagg to work with my 6s+, but I tried 3 of them in 24 hours. I agree with you...not worth spending the money for it to do the same thing as the cheap ones. Also, part of me really thinks the screens are not the exact same size.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Every single Zagg glass I have tried has the white "line" on some of the edges. I just put one on last night and it has the line on almost all of the edges. The protector itself is just a hair too big and goes over the curves a little bit. Still, the trade off for not having that rubbery feeling is worth it.

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I've just installed the spigen glass screen protector and there is no white lines anywhere around the protector.

I would have thought if you can see white lines then the glass hasn't adhered properly.

Juan Urban

Banned
Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a Zagg Glass on iPhone 6s and we don't have that line either.
Maybe contact zagg and they'll send you a new one since it's lifetime warranty. Maybe it's a defect.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• 344.jpg
    344.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 50

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Every brand I tried on my iPhone 6 had this problem so I gave up. Just got the 6splus last weekend and guess what... The rep at Best Buy tried 4 in a row and he couldn't get it to adhere all the way around. At least 2-3 sides have the raised edge. Not quite as noticeable on the white but it's there. Top bottom and left side. Kind of a bummer

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've always liked the Zagg glass screen protectors but I'm really disappointed with the quality of the 6S Plus model. I purchased it at Best Buy, the cutouts were terrible. I either had to partially cover the home button or the speaker. I got a free replacement from Zagg but that wasn't any better. I ended up flat out returning it and got a Spigen instead. Much much better.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Same problem for me, I have it on all of the edges. It gets annoying.. Oh well I hope they send me a free replacement. Not really happy about it :(

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've tried 4 of the "ZAGG Glass Luxe" SP's. I really like the way the polycarbonate upper and lower bezels look...but, although all of them were painstakingly installed by the most OCD installer at Best Buy I've ever seen (she is getting tired of seeing me...I'm sure!), there is a "halo" on the inside right and lefthand bezels where the glass doesn't adhere...and it drives me absolutely bananas! :crying:

ZAGG has been amazing though, and has sent me the last two for nothing, no shipping or anything...in fact, I've got a fresh one in my car right now that I'm going to have installed again tonight. I don't expect it to be any different though. Shame to have such a good product hindered by one glaring flaw.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68