Question about peek and pop

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
First I just want to say that I do not have a 6S (can't upgrade yet haha).

Anyway,

I simply want to know what happens if you go to peek at something such as an email but when you initially do it you press as hard as you can, or hard enough that you can't really press harder?

Does the email automatically open the "pop" view without "peeking" or does it "peek" without allowing you to "pop"?

I assume it's the former but figured I'd ask people who can actually try it out.

Aceroller

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it. I opened mail and pushed as hard as possible. It opened in the peek view and I had to push hard again to pop it open. So, no way to just pop it open without peeking first. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You press it hard enough until it peeks open. Then if you want to pop it open just press harder.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
But how could you pop it open by pressing harder if the first time you press, you do it as hard as you can to where your knuckles turn white.

I know that noone would ever do this I was just curious as to what would Happen if you did lol.

You don't push as hard as you can the first time. I just put enough pressure to peek then I press all the way to pop it open.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
But how could you pop it open by pressing harder if the first time you press, you do it as hard as you can to where your knuckles turn white.

I know that noone would ever do this I was just curious as to what would Happen if you did lol.

You don't have to press that hard to peek, which is why you can press a little harder to then pop.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to press that hard to peek, which is why you can press a little harder to then pop.

I know this haha. I was just hypothetically asking what would happen if in one motion you instantly press down on the screen with as much pressure as you physically can.

I just tried it. I opened mail and pushed as hard as possible. It opened in the peek view and I had to push hard again to pop it open. So, no way to just pop it open without peeking first. :)

Sorry I didn't read this before but thanks for answering my question.

I thought it was like if you put light to medium pressure it did peak and medium hard to super hard pressure it did pop.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

It's called just tapping it with your finger.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
First I just want to say that I do not have a 6S (can't upgrade yet haha).

Anyway,

I simply want to know what happens if you go to peek at something such as an email but when you initially do it you press as hard as you can, or hard enough that you can't really press harder?

Does the email automatically open the "pop" view without "peeking" or does it "peek" without allowing you to "pop"?

I assume it's the former but figured I'd ask people who can actually try it out.

If you want it to open without peeking... you can just tap it.. tap still works

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal