Question about ordering iPhone online

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
My wife and I are eligible to upgrade to the iPhone 4. I was thinking about ordering them from either AT&T or the Apple store online, but i have a question.

My wife will be out of town until June 26th. If I upgrade her phone and order a new iPhone for her, will her old iPhone become unusable as soon as they are delivered on the 24th? Or will she still be able use her phone until she gets home and activates her new phone of the 26th?

She wants to be sure to have a phone while she is gone, so i don't want to rder if it will automatically deactivate her existing phone. I would assume it doesn't, but i want to be sure.

Chris

Reactions: anon(27512)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You or your wife would have to call in to acitvate the new iPhone. I have ordered phones online many times and the new one won't be activated until you call customer care. Not sure if Apple is bringing back iTunes activation, but that would be nice for you so you wouldn't have to deal with customer care.

karrott

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, customer care is really your only option if you don't have a store nearby. Also, you should be advised that AT&T customer care is the absolute worst thing you'll ever have to deal with while using your iPhone. Other than that, you'll love it. Welcome to the club! :)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are eligible to upgrade to the iPhone 4. I was thinking about ordering them from either AT&T or the Apple store online, but i have a question.

My wife will be out of town until June 26th. If I upgrade her phone and order a new iPhone for her, will her old iPhone become unusable as soon as they are delivered on the 24th? Or will she still be able use her phone until she gets home and activates her new phone of the 26th?

She wants to be sure to have a phone while she is gone, so i don't want to rder if it will automatically deactivate her existing phone. I would assume it doesn't, but i want to be sure.

Chris

Completely off topic, but I just noticed in your sig that you used to have visors! I had one and I LOVED it. Going to give you rep points for that.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the information! I will order without concern of deactivating her phone by accident.

Chris

(Visors were great in their day!)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information! I will order without concern of deactivating her phone by accident.

Chris

(Visors were great in their day!)

YEa they were. I remember driving all over hell with my dad trying to find the springboard cards and different software for it. Had fun developing on it too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods