question about iPad to sd card video transfer

I

iMore Question

Want to purchase a new iPad. I will use it to record video and take pictures. Is there a way to transfer the pictures/video I take from the iPad to an sd card via a lightning reader without using the cloud, another computer, iPhoto or third party software. I just want to go from iPad to sd card and then use the sd card on any computer mac or windows even if it doesn't have iPhoto or apple software

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore!

Another option to possibly consider would be using Google Photos. You would need to download the Google Photos app onto your iPad and sign in with a Gmail account. (If you don't have a Gmail account, you'll need to set one up, which is not difficult to do, and it's free). When you open the app for the first time, just follow the prompts so that all pictures are automatically backed up. This way, you can sign into Google photos with your Gmail account from anywhere.

I'm not sure if videos are automatically backed up, but you can manually upload them. Hope this helps!

You may want to consider registering for an iMore account so that we can connect easier! Click here for a guide on how to sign up.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Want to purchase a new iPad. I will use it to record video and take pictures. Is there a way to transfer the pictures/video I take from the iPad to an sd card via a lightning reader without using the cloud, another computer, iPhoto or third party software. I just want to go from iPad to sd card and then use the sd card on any computer mac or windows even if it doesn't have iPhoto or apple software

Sure. Just use a card reader like this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074897MTM?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3125609

Or this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D72L4Q7?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3125609

You will need to use the app that is applicable to the card reader on your iPad. But no software is required on the computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro