Quandry

janocera

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have waited so long for a phone upgrade. I currently own a iphone 3g with a broken powerbutton. I really would like some opinions on if I should go iphone 4 or 4s, is it really worth $100.oo more dollars for SIRI?

I use my phone to:

Check email
Facebook
Play some light games such as farmville.

I do not want to spend extra if 4s if it really will not benifit me.

Thanks in advance!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I always say get the latest greatest. Being that it looks like you keep your phones for a long time might as well get the one that will be powerful enough to run all the new software that comes out over the time you own the phone.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I could have updated to the iPhone 4S, but I stayed with the iPhone 4 .. Even when I was going to buy the device again (last week), I opted to get the iPhone 4 over the iPhone 4S. Really because I do minimal things, like you. I'm just email, texting, facebook and twitter. I also have my music on there. But I don't play any games, and hardly do anything "hard drive intensive" that would need the extra speed. For my personal usage, the iPhone 4 is plenty fast, still a beautiful device (as it's identical), and I wouldn't ever use Siri anyways so that wasn't even a consideration. Saving money to get pretty much the same device (give or take a couple of internal specs), was a no brainer for me. I take really good care of my phones, so taking care of this one until the iPhone 5, or even longer, is fine with me.

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have waited so long for a phone upgrade. I currently own a iphone 3g with a broken powerbutton. I really would like some opinions on if I should go iphone 4 or 4s, is it really worth $100.oo more dollars for SIRI?

I use my phone to:

Check email
Facebook
Play some light games such as farmville.

I do not want to spend extra if 4s if it really will not benifit me.

Thanks in advance!

I agree with sting. If you're going to keep the phone for a long time and not upgrade every year to the next iPhone then you might as well get the newest device. When it comes time for your next upgrade it'll have a higher resale or trade value than the 4. Plus the software updates can sometimes be too much for older devices. 3G/3GS running iOS 5 is horrible from what I hear. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone that was once black, but now has a voided warranty and a little blue dot at the bottom right of the screen using Tapatalk

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to echo what's been said above. Even though you may not need the benefits of the 4S, if you are going to keep it for a long time, get it.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Always get the newest device, IMHO! It will have updates on the iOS for longer from Apple. Siri is worth it in my opinion and will be even better as they take it out of Beta.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR