purchasing iphone tonight, your opinons/advice needed

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, if you can only sync the same apps to devices on the same iTunes account, and you can only have 5 devices on the same iTunes account....seems like you can sync the same app to 5 devices. Unless I am missing something.

You can sync apps to iPhones that are not on the same account.
I synced some apps I paid for to my friends iPhone who has a different iTunes account. They just cannot update the app because when they try it will ask them for my password.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Well it looks as though I've learned something tonight. You can indeed use apps on multiple devices from the same iTunes.

I love this forum I have learned loads!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
jamesus, thanks for your input. Getting a couple different directions on the apps, previous poster said apps wont transfer?? On the fm transmitter, my main concern is it's a griffin I use to listen to my ipod over my radio in my car. I spent roughly 80 bucks on it..lol

I stand somewhat corrected. If you are not syncing your apps to your iPod then you can transfer apps over to the phone. But , correct me if I am wrong again, you cannot have the apps on both devices?!?!?

Now I am really curious. Can you really transfer apps over?? I was under the impression that you can't share them between two devices????

I don't think there is a limit with how many devices you can sync with. But there is a 5 device limit with how devices can be logged in with the same iTunes account.

Hmmm, if you can only sync the same apps (purchased once on a single iTunes account) to devices on the same iTunes account, and you can only have 5 devices on the same iTunes account....seems like you can sync the same app to 5 devices. Unless I am missing something.
This is the answer to all of the Apps to devices/computers questions:
you can have the same apps on as many phone/touch devices as you want, but you can only only sync them with up to 5 computer at one time.

sherman901

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
If you buy your apps/music from iTunes you can always re-download it from iTunes for free.

That is not true. Music you cannot re-download. I learned this the hard way when I had my computer stolen with thousands of songs on it. I had to write the songs off on my insurance claim because Apple wouldn't let me re-download the music.

And for the OP, yes you can sync your apps you bought for your iPod Touch to your iPhone. Also, definitely go for the 3GS. I switched from a iPhone 2G to a Palm Pre and before the 30 days was up I switched back to an iPhone and got the 3GS and it is significantly faster even when swiping through the home pages.

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
That is not true. Music you cannot re-download. I learned this the hard way when I had my computer stolen with thousands of songs on it. I had to write the songs off on my insurance claim because Apple wouldn't let me re-download the music.

And for the OP, yes you can sync your apps you bought for your iPod Touch to your iPhone. Also, definitely go for the 3GS. I switched from a iPhone 2G to a Palm Pre and before the 30 days was up I switched back to an iPhone and got the 3GS and it is significantly faster even when swiping through the home pages.

I have read on several blogs/forums you can but ok.
According to the Content blog, an email from iTunes confirms that if you lose all of your purchased iTunes music (due to something like a hard drive crash), iTunes wil let you re-download all of your lost songs.
EDIT: LINK

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
THE bottom line IS.
YES you can absolutely transfer apps over, you can authorize an UNLIMITED number of devices to use that itunes account and FIVE computers can be authorized to use the account.
Get a 3GS, because you absolutely WILL regret getting a 3G later, and the entry price pales in comparison to what you'll spend on the bill anyway, which will be the same, and it will be more worth it with a 3GS which will support faster 3G once AT&T supports it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You can sync as many devices as you want with one computer. Put songs, apps, videos on any of those devices. Your iTunes account is limited to 5 computers.

You can re-download apps if you delete them for free, it won't tell you it's free until after you click the "buy" button. For music I've heard sometimes if you call iTunes Store support and have a decent sob story they will let you re-download music that was lost. In those cases I think credit your account to buy them again, not positive.

Also agree, get the 3GS forget the 3G unless you are really tight on money. The service plan is the same cost.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucasEMS