• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Purchase a iPad 2?

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
So, this seems like putting the cart before the horse but I just purchased a 32gb iPad 2 off of C-List. It is in pristine condition, looks like it just came out of the box. Complete with charger and a brand new Otterbox case for $200. I consider this to be a decent purchase. What I would like to know is if this is a good buy. Is the iPad 2 still a viable electronic? Understand that I will predominantly use it to surf the net and very few apps. No music or photos.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It should work for your needs. Apple sold them for a LONG time even after other models came out. And they still get given away as promo's sometimes. When the Dish says you get a free iPad with your service they usually mean an iPad 2! It's still a great device. Heck I know people who still have and love their original iPad's. My ex's parents still have mine. ;) At least I think they do, been a while since I spoke to her! LOL

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It should work for your needs. Apple sold them for a LONG time even after other models came out. And they still get given away as promo's sometimes. When the Dish says you get a free iPad with your service they usually mean an iPad 2! It's still a great device. Heck I know people who still have and love their original iPad's. My ex's parents still have mine. ;) At least I think they do, been a while since I spoke to her! LOL

I understand the not speaking to the ex and her family, lol. Now I just have to find someone interested in buying either my LG G Flex or my Nokia 930 and I can buy a iPhone 5S and be fully incorporated into the iMore Family.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I understand the not speaking to the ex and her family, lol. Now I just have to find someone interested in buying either my LG G Flex or my Nokia 930 and I can buy a iPhone 5S and be fully incorporated into the iMore Family.
Swappa is yoiur friend bro. They got 5s's going between 270$-350 range in good condition.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman