Proximity Alerts Not Working

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Ever since ios7 my iPhone 5S (and my 4S before it) stopped giving me proximity alerts. Actually, what happens is I set a reminder for when I get home or to work or whatever and the alert never triggers until I open the reminders app. What good is a proximity reminder if I have to remember to open Reminders for it to work?

To be clear, times reminders are working fine, only the proximity ones aren't working.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Ever since ios7 my iPhone 5S (and my 4S before it) stopped giving me proximity alerts. Actually, what happens is I set a reminder for when I get home or to work or whatever and the alert never triggers until I open the reminders app. What good is a proximity reminder if I have to remember to open Reminders for it to work?

To be clear, times reminders are working fine, only the proximity ones aren't working.

Geofence reminders fail for me, too. iPhone 5 with iOS7. For me, this renders the Reminders app useless, items based on a specific time work best for me in the calendar.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, it's a bug and you have to leave Reminders running in order for geofence to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, it's a bug and you have to leave Reminders running in order for geofence to work.
Doesn't work here, period. Background refresh is on. Permission to use my location data is granted. The app remains running in the background. Geofence reminder is set. Nothing happens when I cross that geofence.

Good thing I don't actually need the feature.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods