Products sold by Apple...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else find themselves gravitating toward products sold in the Apple Store as opposed to other sources? I've found that I do which is why my setup is now Belkin Iris SP and Incase Pro Snap case on the back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No sir. My MacBook was purchased at Beat Buy, my iPhones were ordered online via Verizon and AT&T, my iPad was purchased at Walmart, my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard was purchased at either Best Buy or Walmart and my Apple Time Capsule was purchased at Best Buy. I don't recall where I purchased my iPad base stand. Probably Best Buy. I go to the Apple Store when I need a replacement device. The atmosphere and customer service of the Apple Stores are top notch, however, they are always too busy. Unlike in Orlando, the nearest Apple Store to me is probably 40 minutes away whereas there's a Best Buy store right down the street.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else find themselves gravitating toward products sold in the Apple Store as opposed to other sources? I've found that I do which is why my setup is now Belkin Iris SP and Incase Pro Snap case on the back!

When I buy an Apple product, I already know what I am getting... so I shop price most of the time... however, with the larger ticket items, I know I can get a business and/or education discount, so I will fight the crowds at the Apple store for the savings...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys. I was primarily referring to the accessories sold at the Apple store.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll buy the accessories that Apple stocks at WalMart, BestBuy, Target, etc... Belkin, Griffin... whatever. :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll buy the accessories that Apple stocks at WalMart, BestBuy, Target, etc... Belkin, Griffin... whatever. :)

I worded that whole thing wrong. Guess I didn't necessarily mean buying the items directly from the Apple store but buying the products that they stock in the Apple Store. Like the items stocked in the store are somehow supported by Apple or something if that makes sense. Lol

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just look at it that if Apple sells something in their store - it's up to their standards, and will work with Apple hardware... so if you find the same product somewhere else, it's good.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I just look at it that if Apple sells something in their store - it's up to their standards, and will work with Apple hardware... so if you find the same product somewhere else, it's good.

That's exactly what I meant. Not that it must be purchased FROM the Apple Store. Sorry for the confusion. We have my wife's niece and nephew for two weeks (6 & 4 respectively) so I blame them for the confusing post. Lol

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I get my accessories where they have what I want for the best price. That's usually not the apple store.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Ditto, usually eBay or amazon

I don't use eBay or Amazon because the majority of accessories there are counterfeit. I prefer to shop around to Best Buy, Target, and other stores like that to find what I want a the best price.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For the most part I buy apple products at Bestbuy or Radio shack. Closest Apple store to me is quite a hike.

That's very true. We live in SC and the closest store is downtown Charleston which is like 40 minutes away

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 10 foot lightning cable from either Walmart or Office Depot. It's a nicely built high quality cable. It was also $28. I bought an iPad case from Fossil and received a StarTrek case as a gift, not sure of where it came from. I also use a MS BT keyboard from time to time with my iPad. Bought on clearance for $12.95 from Office Depot. Also if you consider an external drive an accessory, I bought one at Office Depot, it's hooked up to the iMac. Used for Time Machine and iTunes media.

I've purchased several major products from The Orchard.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought a 10 foot lightning cable from either Walmart or Office Depot. It's a nicely built high quality cable. It was also $28. I bought an iPad case from Fossil and received a StarTrek case as a gift, not sure of where it came from. I also use a MS BT keyboard from time to time with my iPad. Bought on clearance for $12.95 from Office Depot. Also if you consider an external drive an accessory, I bought one at Office Depot, it's hooked up to the iMac. Used for Time Machine and iTunes media.

I've purchased several major products from The Orchard.

I bought one of those 10' lightning cables from for 6 bucks through living social. That thing is handy.

Ron Hites

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I usually buy from Apple for several reasons, one there very high quality and I trust that it'll work. Also it's convenient to buy it right then in the store...

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I always buy Apple accessories for my iPhone from the Apple Store. I rarely buy accessories that are 3rd party, such as Belkin.

When I do go 3rd party, in the case of my Mophie Juice Pack Plus I purchased for my iPhone 4, or my Tech Armor screen protectors for all my devices, or noise canceling earbuds, I tend to buy directly from the manufacturer, or from Amazon.

In the case of upgrades or accessories for my MacBook, I tend to shop at websites like OWC... Or designer places like The Field for carrying cases and bags.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods