Product Red or Black?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I’m having a hard time deciding between Black and Product Red. All the iPhones I’ve owned have been a Black color because I like the fact that the screen blends in when watching media.

If I got the Product Red, I’d get a Tech21 Red case and a Product Red watch band. If I got the Black version, I’d just get the Black Tech21 case.

All the accessories I have (Bose SoundSport Free, Bose QC35 I, Bose QC30) are Black. If I suddenly got Red I feel like it would be disorienting to have products whose colors don’t match. However it would be a nice look!

For those of you who have the Product Red, is it distracting for media consumption versus the Black color?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
All colors have black bezels on the screen. So it won’t effect that. I have a product red, my wife has a black. After seeing hers I wish black was an option when I got mine (sams only had red or yellow left for their Black Friday sale). Only thing I don’t like about my red is I feel kinda restricted on some case colors. Other than that I love the red, just wish I could’ve gotten black at times.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Both do look GOOD. For me every time I purchased a smartphone other that Black (Burgundy Blackberry 8330, White Blackberry Z10 & Gold Apple iPhone 5s), I couldn't wait to get back to BLACK.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your replies. Tomorrow I will test both out at the  store near me and get an employee’s opinion as well.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I’m having a hard time deciding between Black and Product Red. All the iPhones I’ve owned have been a Black color because I like the fact that the screen blends in when watching media.

If I got the Product Red, I’d get a Tech21 Red case and a Product Red watch band. If I got the Black version, I’d just get the Black Tech21 case.

All the accessories I have (Bose SoundSport Free, Bose QC35 I, Bose QC30) are Black. If I suddenly got Red I feel like it would be disorienting to have products whose colors don’t match. However it would be a nice look!

For those of you who have the Product Red, is it distracting for media consumption versus the Black color?

Get black, then skin it!

f329d39e7f7c4d60595a9b9af6a36e2f.jpg

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I always get black phones. My son has a red Xr and my daughter has a white Xr. They all look good. You’re going to have a case on it anyway.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Actually it looks like later today I will be upgrading to the XS MAX 256 GB Space Gray on an AT&T Next agreement instead of the XR 256 GB Black on an AT&T Next Every Year agreement.

Thank you everyone for the advice!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've often debated this very question in my mind. I think the red is awesome!!! I just love the look of it! But I wonder if I would grow tired of it... because it wouldn't "go" with everything. :D Of course, putting another case on it would take care of that. There is something to be said for basic black too... that works with everything.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I've often debated this very question in my mind. I think the red is awesome!!! I just love the look of it! But I wonder if I would grow tired of it... because it wouldn't "go" with everything. :D Of course, putting another case on it would take care of that. There is something to be said for basic black too... that works with everything.

I’ve only owned black devices and all the accessories I have are black. Plus I find that the bezels blend in naturally when viewing media compared to a white or other color screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2