Procam 4 Raw Question

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. Was hoping someone could help me. I bought the iPhone 7+ and am looking forward to doing some photography with it since it is giving me more reasons to leave my dslr behind except when I'm doing actual photoshoots with models in most cases. My question revolves around shooting in raw. First off, the app in the very limited instructions (the app is quite intuitive and hardly needs instructions) reccomends selecting RAW+L in the settings. This saves both the RAW file and a jpeg. I thought that would be good too except that I would prefer to easily know in camera roll which photo is the raw file. If I click on the camera roll within procam it labels the raw file. I can select just to save the raw file which makes things easier. I essentially use the stock camera app for your every day snaps, selfies and videos etc but when I want to get somewhat professional or have a bit more control I like switching to procam 4 and editing with snapseed or lightroom. So I suppose my question is this. In the settings I can choose to embed the jpeg into the raw file. What purpose does this really serve? Does it allow me to edit the jpeg in an iOS app that would otherwise not be able to handle the raw file? Any help from anyone that shoots raw with procam would be greatly appreciated!

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Shoot in RAW and use a program to edit then export to jpg.
I shoot RAW from my DSLR and I import them to my phone and the photo app can see RAW files so I don't need to convert them. I use PixelMator to edit the photo and save a jpg copy.

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Shoot in RAW and use a program to edit then export to jpg.
I shoot RAW from my DSLR and I import them to my phone and the photo app can see RAW files so I don't need to convert them. I use PixelMator to edit the photo and save a jpg copy.

I import to snapseed and export as jpeg but I was wondering about the option where you can choose to embed a jpeg in with the RAW file. Which seems to be separate from shooting the raw file that saves a jpeg copy as well. Was curious about the difference between them. Thanks for the reply!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox