Problems

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm so glad I haven't updated. All I'm
seeing on this forum is problem after problem. What is likely to happen, will apple receive loads of error reports and then we'll see an update quicker than usual.

I'm going to continue to sit on the 5.1.1 fence!

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't say for certain and I can only speak of *my* experience upgrading to iOS 6, but if you use iTunes & restore your device as new, the changeover should be problem free. I have no proof, but that has been my experience.

E-POTS

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't say for certain and I can only speak of *my* experience upgrading to iOS 6, but if you use iTunes & restore your device as new, the changeover should be problem free. I have no proof, but that has been my experience.

i don't care about settings, those can easily be redone, i care about my app data and layout and starting as new will lose everything :S

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i don't care about settings, those can easily be redone, i care about my app data and layout and starting as new will lose everything :S

I hear ya...;)...A lot of people updated OTA and din't have any problems whereas others were not so lucky. Some upgraded via iTunes and then restored from a backup without any problems whereas others weren't so lucky. It is your device and your choice, my friend.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The one and only issue that i have is with the facebook app. But i am not the only one. Not sure if it is on apple's end or facebook... very irritating

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I updated both of our iPhones to IOS 6. One was done via iTunes, and the other one OTA. I didn't encounter any problems with the upgrade and all previous settings were unchanged. I am also seeing frequent updates for installed programs.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I updated both of our iPhones to IOS 6. One was done via iTunes, and the other one OTA. I didn't encounter any problems with the upgrade and all previous settings were unchanged. I am also seeing frequent updates for installed programs.

Yeah, the apps' developers are quickly updating the apps to be compatible with iOS 6 & the iPhone 5, but that is to be expected.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm so glad I haven't updated. All I'm
seeing on this forum is problem after problem. What is likely to happen, will apple receive loads of error reports and then we'll see an update quicker than usual.

You've got to remember, you're self selecting here. You're going to see more negative posts because only the people with problems are posting. The people where it's working fine don't have a reason to post...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The only real problem I had with iOS 6 was with my iPad 2. For some reason the App Store and iTunes app were missing after the update which I did OTA. No issues with the 4s

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods