Problems with Live Photos and my iCloud Photo library being VERY slow......is there a fix for it?

I

iMore Question

In the last couple of weeks, i have had problems with editing Live photos on my iPad and iPhone...i hit the 'edit' button and it takes forever to let me edit the photo and usually doesn't let me edit it at all. I have a really HUGE iCloud photo library (over 100,000 photos) and figure that might have something to do with it....Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In the last couple of weeks, i have had problems with editing Live photos on my iPad and iPhone...i hit the 'edit' button and it takes forever to let me edit the photo and usually doesn't let me edit it at all. I have a really HUGE iCloud photo library (over 100,000 photos) and figure that might have something to do with it....Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Which iPhone and iPad do you have?
If you have enabled iCloud Photo Library it could take a while to download the original image to be edited. How is your internet connection?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Any time you have a photo library that large you're going to run into performance issues. Move your photos to a rewritable Blu-Ray disc and delete your iCloud library.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro