Problems upgrading to 2.2 (2G) Jailbreaking with TMO

vinniet

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I can not figure out this problem I have. I was running 2.1 on 2G iPhone which was Jailbroken and unlocked. I upgraded my iTunes to 8.0.2. I have a ATT SIM card that is not activated and also a TMO SIM card from my phone.

I did a backup and upgraded to 2.2 and did not do a restore. I then ran QuickPWN and selected Cynia and Unlock as the options. It all seems to work fine when I have the ATT card in. BUT when I insert the TMO it says "Different SIM detected - Please connect to iTunes"

When I connect to iTunes (8.0.1 & 8.0.2) it says "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"

I have tried to restore and Jailbreak again but the iPhone does not work with the TMO card in.

HELP! Thanks!:confused:

Last edited:

vinniet

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I have fixed my problem. With lots of trial and error I figured it out. It turns out that I had to do a restore and Jailbreak with the TMO card in. After Jailbreaking the phone it worked perfectly with either the TMO or ATT card.

I guess not many people had this problem since they stick with just one SIM card at all time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox