Problems transferring music from Iphone 4s to new PC

KennyKans

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi

I have an old Iphone 4s now ready for the thrash. The Phone is full of music, both bought through Itunes, and my own rips from CDs.

I have an old Macbook Air, and a brand new PC - both have Itunes installed and both are authorized through the same Apple-ID as the Iphone.

The music I have bought from Itunes downloads perfectly to the new PC. But the files on my Iphone which are my own rips, don't transfer at all to the PC/Air at all. On the contrary is seems Itunes would like to delete these files all together. It seems whatever I do, Itunes suggests to delete whatever is on the Iphone.

The problem is that there's no backup of these files. The CDs are gone, and the harddrive crashed after being handled very badly while moving.

So there are almost 2400 files on my old Iphone and there's no backup. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to copy these files to my new PC. In fact, I'm a bit desperate. :concern::concern:

Thanks in advance

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have an old Iphone 4s now ready for the thrash. The Phone is full of music, both bought through Itunes, and my own rips from CDs.

I have an old Macbook Air, and a brand new PC - both have Itunes installed and both are authorized through the same Apple-ID as the Iphone.

The music I have bought from Itunes downloads perfectly to the new PC. But the files on my Iphone which are my own rips, don't transfer at all to the PC/Air at all. On the contrary is seems Itunes would like to delete these files all together. It seems whatever I do, Itunes suggests to delete whatever is on the Iphone.

The problem is that there's no backup of these files. The CDs are gone, and the harddrive crashed after being handled very badly while moving.

So there are almost 2400 files on my old Iphone and there's no backup. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to copy these files to my new PC. In fact, I'm a bit desperate. :concern::concern:

Thanks in advance

Sign up for the free trial of Music and enable both Music and iCloud Music Library on the iPhone 4S.
When prompted, allow the music to be uploaded to iCloud Music Library and wait for it to appear on the computer and MacBook Air.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro